Paradigm & DMX override

Hi, I have a client who has a new Unison/Paradigm control system that would like to have some, but not all of the entry stations lockout when it sees DMX signal from the main light controller.  In other words, when they turn on/plug in the light controller they would like all of the entry stations in the main room to effectivly go off line, while the lobby stations remain uneffected.

Any ideas how to approach the isue?

Thanks!!

Parents
  • Not sure why I don't see it here (I got the e-mail notification?!), but JeffMabray posted the following last night:

"By JeffMabray in Unison Dimming and Control

Search in the Online help of Light Designer for Priority and Arbitration.  What you are looking for is called "Use External if Active" and does exactly what you are looking for."

This is a terrific suggestion, and depending on the circumstances this Arbitration will do the job nicely!

Legacy Unison also had the "magic" CTRL-F12 option to configure DMX Input Macros. 
    Unfortunately, Paradigm LightDesigner has still yet to implement the equivalent feature.  I know lots of folks miss it and need it such that elegant system solutions can be made - I promise its in the works.

• I deleted the post because after re-reading his post it seemed as if it did not answer the question. 

It appears to me as if he is looking for some way to change the actual state of the station upon the presence of external DMX, not a channel or DMX Address.

I guess that he could go in and change the state of those channels that the presets upon those stations affect.... but that just seems a wee bit complicated, especially if the end user has any access to change those presets.  Unless of course I am not thinking of something....

[edited by: JeffMabray at 8:42 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Oct 2 2009]
  • I deleted the post because after re-reading his post it seemed as if it did not answer the question. 

It appears to me as if he is looking for some way to change the actual state of the station upon the presence of external DMX, not a channel or DMX Address.

I guess that he could go in and change the state of those channels that the presets upon those stations affect.... but that just seems a wee bit complicated, especially if the end user has any access to change those presets.  Unless of course I am not thinking of something....

[edited by: JeffMabray at 8:42 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Oct 2 2009]
Children
  • If I am to understand you correctly, you want the lobby dimmers to remain with Paradigm at all times, and the theatre to have the Control Console to have priority when it is on. 

There is no way to lock out the stations at this point in time.  However there is away to set up priorities on the Paradigm. 

In patch create an ACN port 9(port you know you will not use for theatricals). 

Set the priority of the port to be 101. 

Drag in selected house light dimmers to the patch where desired. 

Now when the console is turned on and it is outputting thru the network to port 9 at those addresses the console will have total control of the dimmers.  Be sure that the lobby is not in the ACN patch.

P-

Related