Cue Lights lag with smart swiches

Hello All

We are experienceing a new problem with our cue lights which run thru our unison system and then to some smart switches.  There is a definte 1/2 delay in the system that we cannot get rid of.  For most times this is not a problem.  However on our current show the sound cue have to go exactly with the cue light

I suspect the problem is with the smart swiches.  It seems to be that the problem is the mechanical delay in the throwing of a switch.

As anyone else seen this and are there any ideas???

Thanks

Jeff Montague

Fords Theatre

301-233-2898

Parents
  • Hi Jeff

I have been working with Kristin and Blair on situation with the cue light system, we have come to the conclusion that the cue light and the entire architectural system are on one processor.   I have advised Blair that it will be necessary to split up these two systems, the cue lights need to be on one processor and the architectural system needs to be on the other.  It may be necessary to rewire or pull more wire to the cue light plugs.  The advantage of splitting them up is the memory in the processor does not have to think about the other information.  Processing less information should help with processing speed.

Steve Steele

ETC Tech Support

• Hi Jeff

I have been working with Kristin and Blair on situation with the cue light system, we have come to the conclusion that the cue light and the entire architectural system are on one processor.   I have advised Blair that it will be necessary to split up these two systems, the cue lights need to be on one processor and the architectural system needs to be on the other.  It may be necessary to rewire or pull more wire to the cue light plugs.  The advantage of splitting them up is the memory in the processor does not have to think about the other information.  Processing less information should help with processing speed.

Steve Steele

ETC Tech Support

Children
No Data
Related