Legacy Unison Hosting question-

I have a job that I've done this before, but I can't remember exactly how I've done it.

I have two 13 fader/12 button stations on the config, along with a number of other 1/2/5/10 button stations around the facility.

I'm creating lock and unlock macros for the 1/2/5/10 button stations around the room, leaving the fader stations always unlocked.

I'm using the default manual button as a macro toggle to change the lockout state of the other button stations.

I need to host this button on the other fader/button station so the macro toggle button follows.

I always forget how to host controls on another station.  Do I "Host this control" on the other station?  Or am I wrong in that Macro Toggles can be hosted on other stations?  I actually don't remember if you can host a Macro Toggle.

Thanks.

Parents
  • Dennis

I typically use pages on the button stations to act as lockout.  The lockout macro on you fader station would have to be such to change pages on the button stations.  Once this is done, you button stations would have a unique sequence of hits to allow playback to resume.  At the end of the day you are not locking the station out.  You are simply navigating away from a page where the buttons are presets.  

Hope this helps

P-

• I've used that method as well, but it still doesn't get me around the hosting of a macro toggle. 

Basically, I am still wanting to have a single button indicate locked status vs. unlocked status, and just changing pages may not necessarily cancel that out.

Before you suggest this, I am aware I can put a wait time in the lock macro that then runs the unlock macro that should keep the button lit when the page change is in play, I was just seeing if there was any way to host a macro toggle.

Thanks again for your help.

• I've used that method as well, but it still doesn't get me around the hosting of a macro toggle. 

Basically, I am still wanting to have a single button indicate locked status vs. unlocked status, and just changing pages may not necessarily cancel that out.

Before you suggest this, I am aware I can put a wait time in the lock macro that then runs the unlock macro that should keep the button lit when the page change is in play, I was just seeing if there was any way to host a macro toggle.

Thanks again for your help.

Children
  • In Legacy Unison, there isn't a way to have Macro Toggle status indicated on more than one button - each Macro Toggle button operates independently of all others, keeping track of its own Toggle status.
    - Two identical Macro Toggle controls on the same station still operate independently.

Hosting doesn't have any effect, as this 'virtually' moves the button/fader from one station to another, not onto another individual button/fader.
    - This limitation was solved in Paradigm by having the Macro itself look after it's On and Off steps independently.

However, for your specific use there's a really easy way to do it:

Host all the controls that should lockout or change lockout status onto the same station and use the "Lockout Toggle" action for the lockout buttons on all these stations.

- This does leave an 'unlock' button on every station. If you don't want that, then you'll need to use Templates instead.

[edited by: Richard at 4:49 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Mar 1 2010]
  • That's the way I think I did it before.  I guess I'm just getting spoiled with the new Paradigm stuff.  I couldn't remember if it was possible in the Legacy program.

Thanks.

Related