Color picker, walls & control spaces

Hi,

The project I'm working on has a space that has several (8) sub spaces that can be combined to a single space or to different combinations using walls. Each supb space has a lot of RGBW lights and the customer wants to control them in groups and in seperate channels. The idea is that the controller in a sub space controls the lights of the sub space and also the sub spaces combined to it with open walls.

The faders work fine when the control space is set to the sub space where the controller is, but the color pickers don't follow the control space. I can change the color of a single channel even though the walls are closed

Example:

• The controller sits in the sub space A and it's combined to the sub space B through a wall AB. The control space for all the faders and color pickers is set to sub space A. The wall is open and everything works as expected.
  • The wall AB is closed. Group and channel faders and group color pickers of the sub space B work as expected (= do nothing), but I can still adjust channel color pickers of the sub space B! Is there a workaround or a more clever way to achieve this?

I wish there was an option for faders and colorpickers, that when they're not controlling anything they would be invisible. Like when the wall is closed to the next room all the controls of the room woud vanish from the UI. Visibility groups are too limited for a project like this with so many different combinations.

Ike

Parents
  • Hi Ike, without seeing your configuration it's a bit difficult to say for certain what the cause of your issue here is, but what I can say at the moment is any button, fader, or color picker control is going to function on the target object in the Control Space defined on that control. So even if a touchscreen is located in subspace A, if the target control is scoped to subspace B, it'll still control that object even if the wall is closed. The touchscreen (or any other station) doesn't care which space itself is located, just where its controls are targeted to.

Something else to consider is keeping your touchscreen targeted to objects in subspace A, and using Combine Name to control other subspaces when the wall is open. That reduces the overall quantity of "stuff" you have to program on the touchscreen, but also prevents control of other spaces when the wall is closed. Take a look at this support article (make sure you're logged in!) for further details on the topic: support.etcconnect.com/.../Control_across_spaces_in_LightDesigner

• Hi Ike, without seeing your configuration it's a bit difficult to say for certain what the cause of your issue here is, but what I can say at the moment is any button, fader, or color picker control is going to function on the target object in the Control Space defined on that control. So even if a touchscreen is located in subspace A, if the target control is scoped to subspace B, it'll still control that object even if the wall is closed. The touchscreen (or any other station) doesn't care which space itself is located, just where its controls are targeted to.

Something else to consider is keeping your touchscreen targeted to objects in subspace A, and using Combine Name to control other subspaces when the wall is open. That reduces the overall quantity of "stuff" you have to program on the touchscreen, but also prevents control of other spaces when the wall is closed. Take a look at this support article (make sure you're logged in!) for further details on the topic: support.etcconnect.com/.../Control_across_spaces_in_LightDesigner

Children
No Data
Related