combining a show popup and a record button

I have a situation where I want to display a popup menu when I press the Record Button. on this popup I would like to have buttons with the presets that I will allow the client to record. When I press the target preset button on the popup I would like it to record the look and return to the page where I was working.

I have put a "show popup" on a button and then assigned a record to that button but can not get the preset buttons to go into the record state. I have gotten around this by putting a record button on the popup along with a "close popup" on the preset buttons but it would be so much cleaner if I could lose the Record button on the popup 

Parents
  • If I understand correctly, there's a much easier way to do it.

I think you want the following:

• Press button to get "Recording" popup, listing the Presets that can be recorded.
    • Press the relevant Preset button, that Preset is Recorded and the popup closes.

I would use the "Record Specific Preset" Action for each of the buttons in the popup, and set the ControlDesigner Action for each button to be Close Popup.
    - To get the 'blinky buttons' just assign that as the Indicator.

The "Recording Mode" button does nothing in LD, but has a ControlDesigner Action to either Show Popup or Toggle Popup (depending on required behaviour)

The "Record" action puts the buttons in the same Control Group or on the same Page or Popup as the Record button into the Record state.
    - So the controls on that Popup are never touched by the Record button because it's on a different Page.

While you can create a large Control Group to do this, I would advise against it because it will make it more confusing when you return to the configuration later on, and it's more difficult to assign this to multiple LCDs as you can't just copy/paste.

[edited by: Richard at 3:40 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Jul 30 2010]
  • If I understand correctly, there's a much easier way to do it.

I think you want the following:

• Press button to get "Recording" popup, listing the Presets that can be recorded.
    • Press the relevant Preset button, that Preset is Recorded and the popup closes.

I would use the "Record Specific Preset" Action for each of the buttons in the popup, and set the ControlDesigner Action for each button to be Close Popup.
    - To get the 'blinky buttons' just assign that as the Indicator.

The "Recording Mode" button does nothing in LD, but has a ControlDesigner Action to either Show Popup or Toggle Popup (depending on required behaviour)

The "Record" action puts the buttons in the same Control Group or on the same Page or Popup as the Record button into the Record state.
    - So the controls on that Popup are never touched by the Record button because it's on a different Page.

While you can create a large Control Group to do this, I would advise against it because it will make it more confusing when you return to the configuration later on, and it's more difficult to assign this to multiple LCDs as you can't just copy/paste.

[edited by: Richard at 3:40 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Jul 30 2010]
Children
No Data
Related