Infrared Remote Issues

I am working on an install that has infrared remote reception points but I can't get the remote to work.

Basically, the receiver stations are 10-button stations with no actual buttons and an IR sensor.  I have configured the station with the IR input set to "Yes," but to no avail.  The remote control still doesn't trigger any of the buttons.

This is my first experience with the IR functionality.  Has anyone else come across this problem and found a solution?

Parents
  • Hi Ryan,

You caught one of the two most common issues people run into -- enabling IR input on the individual station.  The other thing that is easy to miss is forgetting to assign control functions to IR buttons.  You might want to check that out. 

Incidentally, we're primarily focusing these open forums for endusers.  If you post install questions like this to the Paradigm Installers Group Forums, you're more likely to see a quick response from another installer or one of us focused in this area.

Hopefully you've already sorted this remote out and are on to the next challenge!

• Hi Ryan,

You caught one of the two most common issues people run into -- enabling IR input on the individual station.  The other thing that is easy to miss is forgetting to assign control functions to IR buttons.  You might want to check that out. 

Incidentally, we're primarily focusing these open forums for endusers.  If you post install questions like this to the Paradigm Installers Group Forums, you're more likely to see a quick response from another installer or one of us focused in this area.

Hopefully you've already sorted this remote out and are on to the next challenge!

Children
No Data
Related