Echo Touch Questions

Hi all, downloaded the new Echo Touch Offline Programmer.

Been fooling around with it for a bit, and have some questions:

1. It seems in setup, that the Echo Touch Controller can only be assigned to a single Space, is that correct? So that means any zones patched to it are all in the same space right?

2. building off the last question, if I want to configure 2 different spaces, that were controlled by their own presets, I would need a second Echo Touch setup to be a different space and configure the second one with only the lights I want it to control in that space.

3. And thus to confirm, There is no way to exempt say, Zones 11 thru 20 from being recorded into a preset right?

My goal is to control Some Houselights on Foundry Dimmers on Page 1 Presets 1 thru 4, and then control some zones on stage from Page 2 that won't affect the House Light looks set on Page 1, and then possibly a combined Page 3 for controlling all the zones.

And it seems so far that's not possible, since Echo Touch will control all the zones in every preset.

• Shadow please see the answers below in Bold.

1. It seems in setup, that the Echo Touch Controller can only be assigned to a single Space, is that correct? So that means any zones patched to it are all in the same space right?

Correct.  This is done in setup where you set what Space (1-16) the EchoTouch lives in.

1. building off the last question, if I want to configure 2 different spaces, that were controlled by their own presets, I would need a second Echo Touch setup to be a different space and configure the second one with only the lights I want it to control in that space.

Correct that is one way to do it.  Another button station added into the system may be a better solution.

1. And thus to confirm, There is no way to exempt say, Zones 11 thru 20 from being recorded into a preset right?

You cannot exempt Zones because only 1 preset can be active at one time per Space.   Zones can however be controlled individually from Presets after they have been played back for granular changes.  You just need to be careful about the order you play things in.  I would suggest downloading the Echo Offline Editor and testing out what you are thinking.

My goal is to control Some Houselights on Foundry Dimmers on Page 1 Presets 1 thru 4, and then control some zones on stage from Page 2 that won't affect the House Light looks set on Page 1, and then possibly a combined Page 3 for controlling all the zones.

And it seems so far that's not possible, since Echo Touch will control all the zones in every preset.

I would just add in another Echo Button station into the system and have it set in a different space for this functionality.

• So the part I don't think I'm understanding is how a button station setup as Space 2 would help.

I think I understand that I need 2 different spaces, Space 1 For houselights, and Space 2 for Stage with, lets say some color source spots.

And if the Space 1 Houselights are Foundry dimmers, then all my lights I need control of are through DMX.

So if I'm understanding this right, We would need to program Space 1 with the Button Station, and build presets. Then use the Echo Touch assigned to Space 2, and control all our Stage Lights with that.

Then the Echo touch could setup control of Space 1 Presets, from Page 1, and then Control presets and Sequences for the stage as it's controller, and finally do a multiroom preset setup on Page 3 to control everything together.

So if I'm correct with all of this, then it seems to me it's not possible to control the zones of the houselights from the Echo Touch, since that would require the Echo Touch somehow distinguishing which zones fixtures were patched to.

Did i get it right?

Related