CS40 - Chauvet Intimidator 255 factory patch question

I've created some of my own patches for fixtures not included using he PC editor (best fixture editor I've used so far). I've noticed on the Intim 255IRC console patch the labels for the functions are a bit odd. The gobo patch is really colors, the gobos are under something else entirely, etc. Is there a functional reason for this (the board software treats the patches differently) or is it just a data input error. Is there any way for me to adjust the settings and tags on a factory programmed fixture?

Thanks

Rusty Stevens

Parents
  • Hello Rusty,

Do I understand correctly that you're controlling one of the Gobo Params, but the fixture's color is changing? As best I can tell comparing the output of the light to this manual: https://www.chauvetdj.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Intimidator_Spot_255_IRC_QRG_Rev3_ML9_WO.pdf we appear to be following their DMX Layout.

Could you tell me whether you're using 13-channel mode or 8-channel mode?

You could also double-check how the fixture is designed by patching 8 or 13 sequential dimmers, then changing each one independently. You'd want to set the 1st and 3rd parameters at 50% to point the light straight down, you would need to have the 10th and 11th parameters at full to see light coming from the fixture. Then, you can play around with 6 and 7; the way it's set right now, 6 should change the color, and 7 should change the gobo. Please let us know if that's *not* what you're seeing.

If I'm way off base and you're actually having a different problem, I'd encourage you to send us an email with pictures of what you're seeing to service (at) etcconnect (dot) com and I'd be happy to take a look.

Thanks,
    -Matt P.
    Technical Support - ETC, Inc.
  • Actually (one example) the parameter is labeled Gobo, has the colors under it when you click into the parameter, and controls the color. It has to do with the Parameter labels, but when you click in the controls are correct. I'll send you some pics. Thanks.
  • And I'm running 13ch mode. I'll look over it when I get home.
Reply Children
No Data
Related