CS40 - Is there a way to add additional effects or edit the factory effects

Like the subject says. For example I like one of the color sequences, but wish it was a series of different colors. the chroma control doesn't change it to exactly what I want. I can create a sequence on a playback button, but I would like to be able to have it as an effect to be applied to any scene at will. It would also be great to be able to program some of my basic movements for the moving head lights as effects (using the effects as presets).

Thanks

Rusty

Parents
  • Hi,

Yours is actually the same question that was asked in German in this thread  We do not currently have a way to create new effects, either color or Shape/Intensity/Param.

On the movement fronts, you could make a prescriptive Sequence that moves your lights to positions A-B-C-D-A and so on.  It's definitely not as flexible as an Absolute or Focus effect on our bigger consoles, but might accomplish what you're looking for on this console.  

You can completely mix-and-match Sequences with Memories and Cues, so for instance you might have a Cue that turns on the fixtures' brightness and gives them a color; a Memory that sets the Gobo to the shape you want; and a Sequence that has them flow through different locations.  You can have that Sequence either be Run mode where it goes continuously, or in Step mode, where it moves through the Steps of the Sequence as you press the Sequence's Bump button.  There's lots of information about Sequences on the Online Help system - try opening the Controls slide-out, then pressing '?' followed by the 'Playback Toy' button.

Thanks,
    -Matt P.
    Technical Support - ETC, Inc.

• Thanks Matt. I tried to google translate that but couldn't quite fully grasp what was being discussed. No problems, I already started putting movements on playback 11-20 and combo color/gobo/intensity presets on 31-40 so I can mix and match at will. Is there a way to have the RGB channels show up in the parameter list for parameter based effects? The only way I can think of doing it is to create the fixture and assign the RGB channels as if they weren't RGB. Of course then I lose the color wheel mixing and have to mix my colors manually.
    Rusty
  • Thanks Matt. I tried to google translate that but couldn't quite fully grasp what was being discussed. No problems, I already started putting movements on playback 11-20 and combo color/gobo/intensity presets on 31-40 so I can mix and match at will. Is there a way to have the RGB channels show up in the parameter list for parameter based effects? The only way I can think of doing it is to create the fixture and assign the RGB channels as if they weren't RGB. Of course then I lose the color wheel mixing and have to mix my colors manually.
    Rusty
Children
  • Yes! The help button is great and I already have a few sequences for chases added since the show file you saw.
  • >>Is there a way to have the RGB channels show up in the parameter list for parameter based effects?

The quick answer is that you cannot separately control R,G, and B (or HSI or CMY, etc) on the ColorSource console through the Params slide-out or to apply an effect to just that parameter.

You could probably get some interesting results by creating three separate Memory Playbacks - one each Red, Green, and Blue.  Try applying Intensity effects to those and see how you can mix and match them.  If you put your Playbacks into GO mode, you can bring up the Memory's color, then press the bump button under the fader to start the Intensity effect.  You can't stop the effect by pressing the Playback button again - at the moment you need to select the Effect symbol on the right of the Stage Map and choose Stop.

• Thank you. I'm playing with this right now. Every board has some limitations, and I appreciate your assistance in getting to better know what I'm working with and where I can find an alternate way to get what I'm looking for out of this little guy.
Related