Tracking and updating

Hello

Colorsource seems great, but a few questions..

- I know that when recording you can select the attributes which the console saves, I assume that any attributes that aren't recorded will track through

- Is there a way to select attributes to update (with update live cue)

- How can you tell when recording/updating what will be updated?

- Is there a way, once a cue has been recorded, to remove elements from that cue (such as a channel, or some attributes of a channel)

- Is there a way, once a cue has been recorded, to convert it into a block? And is there any indication of whether or not a cue is a block?

Also, can you only assign two DMX addresses to an independant? I've got some cheap LEDs that need their fourth channel parked at full (they are RGB with a strobe channel) so rather than messing around with fixture libraries I'd like to just patch all of the 4th addresses to a single independent..

Parents
  • Hi there -

ColorSource is not a tracking console. The editing functions are really "what you see is what you get" - to add or remove content you need to add or remove content from what you see on stage and then update the live cue. There is no blocking function because there is no track editing function. With LTP parameters, if you mask out certain things when recording, those will appear to track because there is no other information telling them something to do, but this does not make the console a tracking system.

We are looking at expanding the patch capabilities of the independents in a future version.

Thanks much!

Sarah

• Hi there -

ColorSource is not a tracking console. The editing functions are really "what you see is what you get" - to add or remove content you need to add or remove content from what you see on stage and then update the live cue. There is no blocking function because there is no track editing function. With LTP parameters, if you mask out certain things when recording, those will appear to track because there is no other information telling them something to do, but this does not make the console a tracking system.

We are looking at expanding the patch capabilities of the independents in a future version.

Thanks much!

Sarah

Children
No Data
Related