editing ColorSource existing fixtures

I have downloaded the ColorSource editor in hopes of editing an existing fixture profile on the console for a customer. are the profiles that come installed on the console available so I can load the fixture and change it then load the new profile into the console? The fixture is a Chauvet  colordash HEXpar 12 and with the 6channel profile the UV parameter is at Full. If the customer unplugs the console and plugs it back in (or there is a power outage the UV for these fixtures is on Full when the console is re-powered. I would like to set it to default to 0.

Thanks

Laurence

Parents
  • Hello -

You can use ColorSource Edit to create new personalities you can use on the console, or you can extract personalities from a show file and edit those. Store a show file with that personality in it, then you can open it in Edit and use it to repatch your original show.

Thanks -

Sarah

• or you can extract personalities from a show file and edit those. Store a show file with that personality in it, then you can open it in Edit and use it to repatch your original show.

Hi Sarah - Can you explain this in more detail please?  I want to edit an existing personality to add custom gobo graphics to it in the personality editor - but how exactly do I extract the personality from the show file?   

• or you can extract personalities from a show file and edit those. Store a show file with that personality in it, then you can open it in Edit and use it to repatch your original show.

Hi Sarah - Can you explain this in more detail please?  I want to edit an existing personality to add custom gobo graphics to it in the personality editor - but how exactly do I extract the personality from the show file?   

Children
  • Hello  ,

The ColorSource Personality Editor v1.1.1 is available to download from ColorSource Consoles Software page.  One of its features is that it can open ColorSource Console show files with the format .json using the Open dialogue:

The Personality Editor will display a list of personalities that are used in that showfile.

In v3.x of ColorSource software, the file format was changed to .lsf.  A .lsf file is actually a zipped folder of two other files, "settings.json" and "showfile.json".  You can use a program like 7-Zip to extract those files, then open showfile.json in the Personality Editor.

I should let you know that you cannot import custom gobo graphics, but there is a wide selection of library gobos to choose from.  Hopefully those will meet your needs.

• Thanks for the reply - makes sense now as I’m on v3.x so did not know how to open the show file.    Any chance custom gobo’s can be added in the future?  (feature request).   Thanks. 

Related