ColorSource console controlling old school dimmers w/ lekos and fresnels.

Our group has just bought a colorsource40.  Right now, we're powering conventional dimmer packs (Optima) running Altman lekos and (mostly) Altman fresnels.  The plan is to eventually go digital as finances allow, but for now, I'm having a hard time starting up the instruments with this board.  I've finally patched everything in, I hope.  I have no clue how to gang instruments together to form groupings for separate cues.  I enjoy the tutorial, but I think it assumes I know more than I do.  We've been operating on a very simple board for years and this is far more complex than anything I've used.  Is there such a thing as an actual "manual" I can download and read?

Parents
  • I think you're looking for "Playback Memories".

A "Playback" can contain a single "Memory" (look or part of a look - intensity, colour, pan/tilt etc), or a Sequence of looks (Chase).
    When recorded as a Playback Memory, it behaves just like the classic "Submaster" that you're probably used to.

So set your dimmers to a level, hit {Record/Edit} > {Playback memory}, and choose a fader to store it into.

Finally, the manual for ColorSource 40 is available in three ways:

1. Built into the console - touch (?) then touch any button for Help on it, or touch-and-hold (?) for the full Help system.
    2. Online with full search and hyperlink navigation (similar to the one on the console) - right-hand side of the ColorSource Documentation page
    3. PDF - link near the top of the above Documentation page.
  • I think you're looking for "Playback Memories".

A "Playback" can contain a single "Memory" (look or part of a look - intensity, colour, pan/tilt etc), or a Sequence of looks (Chase).
    When recorded as a Playback Memory, it behaves just like the classic "Submaster" that you're probably used to.

So set your dimmers to a level, hit {Record/Edit} > {Playback memory}, and choose a fader to store it into.

Finally, the manual for ColorSource 40 is available in three ways:

1. Built into the console - touch (?) then touch any button for Help on it, or touch-and-hold (?) for the full Help system.
    2. Online with full search and hyperlink navigation (similar to the one on the console) - right-hand side of the ColorSource Documentation page
    3. PDF - link near the top of the above Documentation page.
Children
No Data
Related