CS40 - Pan and Tilt not syncing up on travel time

I met Nick G and some other nice folks at an ETC session in Rochester NY today. Nick suggested that I ask this question here as he thought this was odd behavior.

When I set a movement up using Chauvet 255IRC (s) I find that if the travel distance is not the same for the V and H travel the shorter distance finishes first and then the fixture finishes the move along one plane. Instead of a nice, even diagonal movement I get a diagonal movement till one plane makes it to the end point and the fixture finishes the travel along one plane only. This makes for some goofy looking movements.

Nick was surprised when I asked about a fix for this, and stated that he was sure that both movements should be stretching out to fill the entire cue time. Any thoughts, hints, or tips are appreciated.

Thanks

Rusty Stevens 

Parents
  • In all my tests both parameters move together and take the same length of time.

I note that this is a moving head fixture, perhaps the mechanical arrangement is the cause.
    - I'm sure everyone has occasionally sat moving Pan back and forth wondering why it won't move, when in fact Tilt is sat "Straight out" so every value of Pan gives the same position...

The movement of the spot on the floor gets quite strange when Tilt is close to the "Straight out" position.
  • In all my tests both parameters move together and take the same length of time.

I note that this is a moving head fixture, perhaps the mechanical arrangement is the cause.
    - I'm sure everyone has occasionally sat moving Pan back and forth wondering why it won't move, when in fact Tilt is sat "Straight out" so every value of Pan gives the same position...

The movement of the spot on the floor gets quite strange when Tilt is close to the "Straight out" position.
Children
Related