Cue crossfade snaps

Hi,

I have a moving head which needs to go through 3 different positions, I stored the positions in different cues.

Now my plan was to use the crossfader to determine the speed at which the fixture moves to the next position (it has to follow a person walking).

Unfortunately, as soon as I move the crossfader, the fixture snaps to the next cued position.

Does anyone know how to resolve this, so all parameters follow the position of the crossfader?

Thanks in advance

Parents
  • Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it's not possible to use playbacks since there are some cues which would be too difficult to do with playbacks.

• I am just a user, so what I say will need confirmation by the gurus, but it seems the CS desk has ‘automatic gear change’ regarding movers. On a manual desk you have to insert a Mark cue to tell a light to re-position before its next appearance. The CS desk has a Move-on-Dark facility which automatically presets all non-intensity values in the cue which precedes the cue when the light is faded up so it is ready. It does this as quickly as possible as it has no idea how much time it’s got. This logic has a hard time when there are no intervening cues.

Most movers have a motor speed parameter which could be used to slow the movement, handy in case you want it to move quietly. This might take the curse off it but you can’t match it to an actor’s movement in real time.

I have a show file under investigation where the desk was spuriously sending my mover to its endstops and speed to maximum, so the positioning logic may have faults, but I suspect what you are seeing is intended.

However I have noticed that when you set a position using a playback the head’s progress does follow the playback fader movement. Hence my suggestion 

• I am just a user, so what I say will need confirmation by the gurus, but it seems the CS desk has ‘automatic gear change’ regarding movers. On a manual desk you have to insert a Mark cue to tell a light to re-position before its next appearance. The CS desk has a Move-on-Dark facility which automatically presets all non-intensity values in the cue which precedes the cue when the light is faded up so it is ready. It does this as quickly as possible as it has no idea how much time it’s got. This logic has a hard time when there are no intervening cues.

Most movers have a motor speed parameter which could be used to slow the movement, handy in case you want it to move quietly. This might take the curse off it but you can’t match it to an actor’s movement in real time.

I have a show file under investigation where the desk was spuriously sending my mover to its endstops and speed to maximum, so the positioning logic may have faults, but I suspect what you are seeing is intended.

However I have noticed that when you set a position using a playback the head’s progress does follow the playback fader movement. Hence my suggestion 

Children
Related