Pushing RDM settings

Hello!

I have a question about patch and RDM on the CS.

I'm about to install a CS40AV and some ETC CS lights on a small stage and wonder if the CS console can push a patch to the rig.

What I want is if someone have changed mode and adress on a fixture that I can "reset" that back to my patch. Or is it Concert only that can do that? (I have Response gateway and so on)

Johannes

Parents
  • Hi,

I don't think ColorSource can do that. However, when the console finds the fixtures via RDM, you can assign them to channels and then change the address. I haven't managed to successfully change things like DMX mode from the console. I think Net 3 Concert might indeed be your best friend Slight smile

Cheers,

Matthias

• Thanks. Yea I will do it with Concert. Just feel it would be nice to reset the rig from the desk. We have alot of bands and so that like to mess around when no one is in house. (There is another brand that do that... ;-) )

• Concert and ColorSource handle this situation in two different ways.  Concert lets you "push" old saved settings back on fixtures / devices

If you open a Concert configuration file while connected to the system, and someone's changed settings on the fixtures, you should get this kind of dialogue:

I just tested in v2.5.0 of ColorSource and found that my console would actually change its patch to match the fixtures in the field.  Under the hood, I believe the console saves the unique RDM ID of every fixture, so when you enter Patch and the console starts its discovery process, it automatically adapts to whatever's been changed in the field.  Unfortunately, I think that's exactly the opposite of what you are trying to do.

I think the reason ColorSource behaves this way is so that a less-sophisticated user doesn't end up with a patch on their console that can't properly control the lights in their rig, if they're using RDM to keep the console and fixtures in sync with one another.

• Concert and ColorSource handle this situation in two different ways.  Concert lets you "push" old saved settings back on fixtures / devices

If you open a Concert configuration file while connected to the system, and someone's changed settings on the fixtures, you should get this kind of dialogue:

I just tested in v2.5.0 of ColorSource and found that my console would actually change its patch to match the fixtures in the field.  Under the hood, I believe the console saves the unique RDM ID of every fixture, so when you enter Patch and the console starts its discovery process, it automatically adapts to whatever's been changed in the field.  Unfortunately, I think that's exactly the opposite of what you are trying to do.

I think the reason ColorSource behaves this way is so that a less-sophisticated user doesn't end up with a patch on their console that can't properly control the lights in their rig, if they're using RDM to keep the console and fixtures in sync with one another.

Children
No Data
Related