Using Gobos with Color-source spot

I have the Colorscource spot V1.7 (not sure if the version effects my problem or not) and I am having trouble focusing gobos when using them. I have adjusted the barrel of the light and I can never get it to go into sharp focus. Is there something else I need to do to get the gobo to focus? Could the size of the gobo or material be the cause? 
Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Parents
  • Hi Anowell,

Sorry you are having issues.  A few quick things to check.

1.  Is the gobo in a S4 Gobo holder and not an older altman or other skinnier style holder?

2.  Is the gobo holder and gobo for sure in the smaller gobo slot and not in the larger accessory slot that requires two small screws where you would put an iris or gobo rotator.  While this area is still in the "Gate" of the fixture and you can focus objects sharp, if it's just a gobo holder in the accessory slot it may be moving around to much.

3.  Do you have a soft focus diffuser (small square piece of palstic) in with the gobo in the holder?  This will actualyl still allow you to have a sharp gobo, but on the off chance there is a permanent diffuser mounted behind the shutters you would have 2 of them in your path of light and that might be the cause.  Very unlikely, but not unheard of.

4.  What lens tub are you using.  Standard or the newer EDLT lens?

5.  What degree lens are you using?

• Hi Anowell,

Sorry you are having issues.  A few quick things to check.

1.  Is the gobo in a S4 Gobo holder and not an older altman or other skinnier style holder?

2.  Is the gobo holder and gobo for sure in the smaller gobo slot and not in the larger accessory slot that requires two small screws where you would put an iris or gobo rotator.  While this area is still in the "Gate" of the fixture and you can focus objects sharp, if it's just a gobo holder in the accessory slot it may be moving around to much.

3.  Do you have a soft focus diffuser (small square piece of palstic) in with the gobo in the holder?  This will actualyl still allow you to have a sharp gobo, but on the off chance there is a permanent diffuser mounted behind the shutters you would have 2 of them in your path of light and that might be the cause.  Very unlikely, but not unheard of.

4.  What lens tub are you using.  Standard or the newer EDLT lens?

5.  What degree lens are you using?

Children
No Data
Related