Where are you with the bug fixes on the effects?

We are in version 3.0033, and the effects are still unusable.

Already reported from several versions (so several months)
Indeed, on a cue, when, for example, we add an intensity effect on a device in particular when we touch the "FAN" parameter, we do a live update.

As soon as we recall the cue it loses its position, its Beam ... etc ... in addition to the effect.
Very easy to reproduce, on a blank project with just two devices.
I spend hours trying to work around this problem on my cues.

Where are you ? It would be good that after three years of Beta, we arrive at something reliable.

Thank you and best wishes for this new year.

Parents
  • Hi ,

I have taken a look at this one again with your additional information from this post.  I was able to reproduce a Color Issue following the steps you provided (just adding an effect and Update Live Cue is enough to trigger the issue - Fan alteration is not required).  I have not yet been able to reproduce any other parameters (Focus or Beam) being altered in these steps.  This is only occurring in v.3.0.0 and I am not seeing it in any version going back to v.1.1.4.  Any additional steps to reproduce this on other parameters would be helpful.  Here are the steps I took to see the issue:

Test: Patch Two VL3500 Fixtures to Channels 1+2

1. Live: Channels 1+2 Full, Blue, Pan 120, Tilt 80, Focus and Zoom 50
    2. Record Cue 1
    3. Live: Channels 1+2 Red
    4. Record Cue 2
    5. Go (Cue 1)
    6. Live: Channels 1+2 Effect Intensity Cosine
    7. Update Live Cue
    8. Go (Cue 2)
    9. Go (Cue 1)
      • Issue can be seen here, next two steps are to confirm it repeats,
    10. Go (Cue 2)
    11. Go (Cue 1)
      • Both Cues are now Red on the screen
  • Good news, I hope you find a fix for this.
    Indeed, at that time I was talking about the problem of colors on effects, but there I spent more than an hour trying to fix an identical problem but on device positions on an effect.
    I don't know if you can imagine the number of manipulations to understand why and when it loses the information.
    In my memory, the problem also existed in 2.xx (see my message on 25 jan 2019 "New versions in progress ?")
    In 1.xx, I will not be able to say, I did not stay long in this version.
    Thanks

• Hey would you send me your latest showfile?  We found something we would like to test against your file.

Reply Children
Related