Gel color pick in Spot Deep Blue

I have a ColorSource 40 Console and I am running CS Spot Deep Blue Lekos. I see that I can choose colors off the color chart but is there a way to choose a color to match a specific gel? For example, what if I want the lights to put out a light to match Rosco's 33 (No Color Pink). How can I do this from the console?

Parents
  • My first thought when I saw this question was that CS consoles don’t have this ability but EOS does, so you could download Nomad software on a computer, patch in a Deep Blue CS spot and then see what the direct emitter values are for these colours. Sadly I don’t think EOS gives direct emitter values, but maybe you could use the DMX output values.

• Elyod72,

Correct there is no gel picker in ColorSource for specific gels as it's meant for that faster design where it may be do you want Dark, Medium or Light Blue.  For more detailed work, using ETCNomad/Eos would be the better option.  Stuart has a great solution, and you can use the offline ETCNomad editor for free to find these values.  And to answer Stuart's question, you can get direct emitter values if you patch a CS Spot DeepBlue in direct mode in the about window.  However, be aware that technically as this is a 4 color LED fixture, it can make Roscoe 33 in a variety of combinations.  I would pick one mode and stick with it.  In Eos you have 3 options for your color picker (spectral, hybrid and brightest).  You will get different direct emitter values based on what mode, but technically it's all the same "color" as far as the x/y location on the color picker. 

Lowell has a much easier solution using the myETC Photometric app.  Be aware that the values in that app provide the brightest version of R33.  So if you do want a more spectral version of R33 (575w lamp with R33 in front of it), then you may want to use Nomad route to find your direct values.

Here is a breakdown that will hopefully make it easier to see:

• Elyod72,

Correct there is no gel picker in ColorSource for specific gels as it's meant for that faster design where it may be do you want Dark, Medium or Light Blue.  For more detailed work, using ETCNomad/Eos would be the better option.  Stuart has a great solution, and you can use the offline ETCNomad editor for free to find these values.  And to answer Stuart's question, you can get direct emitter values if you patch a CS Spot DeepBlue in direct mode in the about window.  However, be aware that technically as this is a 4 color LED fixture, it can make Roscoe 33 in a variety of combinations.  I would pick one mode and stick with it.  In Eos you have 3 options for your color picker (spectral, hybrid and brightest).  You will get different direct emitter values based on what mode, but technically it's all the same "color" as far as the x/y location on the color picker. 

Lowell has a much easier solution using the myETC Photometric app.  Be aware that the values in that app provide the brightest version of R33.  So if you do want a more spectral version of R33 (575w lamp with R33 in front of it), then you may want to use Nomad route to find your direct values.

Here is a breakdown that will hopefully make it easier to see:

Children
No Data
Related