Fading out problem (dimmer curve)

Hi experts,

I am having a problem with fading out graduatly.with a specific fixture, the Prolights Eclipse Fresnel JTW. When I send an intensity of 1% the fixture gives to much light. The dimmer curve doesn't seems right. I have tried all settings already on the fixture itself (there a 3 dimmer levels) but no result.

When I look into the DMX table there is the possibilty to use a DIMMER (channel 1) and a FINE DIMMER (channel 2). How can I access the "Fine Dimmer level". How does this work with the colorsource 20?

Thanks in advance...

Bob

Parents
  • Found out that the two dimmer channels will be combined into a 16bits intensity channel. Why do I not see a difference between a 8bits and a 16bits channel when I fade out? Shouldn't it be a more "finter" result?

• Unfortunately, while the ColorSource console allows 16bit intensity channels to be patched, it only controls the Course parameter of Intensity.  You may notice this by controlling the light, then looking at "Show Universe" in the Patch screen:

(There is a "gap" for DMX Address 2)

You could choose to add a Dimmer, patched to Address 2, to control this Fine parameter.  You would see a Patch error (red bar and text) but it's safe to ignore that.  By setting the light to 0% but Chan 2 (the Intensity-Fine parameter) to 05% say, you can control the low-end of this fixture:

• Unfortunately, while the ColorSource console allows 16bit intensity channels to be patched, it only controls the Course parameter of Intensity.  You may notice this by controlling the light, then looking at "Show Universe" in the Patch screen:

(There is a "gap" for DMX Address 2)

You could choose to add a Dimmer, patched to Address 2, to control this Fine parameter.  You would see a Patch error (red bar and text) but it's safe to ignore that.  By setting the light to 0% but Chan 2 (the Intensity-Fine parameter) to 05% say, you can control the low-end of this fixture:

Children
Related