Recorded new color palette but it’s using old color values

I am setting up my CS20 for a show next week and I decided to simplify the crazy color choices the kids make with their lights by crafting a clean set of new color swatches on page two of the color selector. I carefully went thru each of the existing colors on page and re-recorded a color on top of an old chip. It looks like it worked. BUT when I go and use one of those new chips to apply to a selected fixture - it’s applying the OLD color value that was previously saved to the chip. For ex The color chip shows the new deep blue color I gave it but tapping it turns the fixture magenta (the old color). This is a known bug? Anyway to work around it? 

I have tried restarting the board. I just yesterday installed the latest firmware from the website. 

• Correct me if I’m wrong but previous software recorded RGB colour swatches that could be applied to any fixture selected. Now that has been replaced by colour palettes which record a specific colour value for each fixture and you can’t transfer those colours to different fixtures. It’s a mixed blessing. The same RGB values wouldn’t necessarily look the same on different fixtures so to make them look the same to the eye you might need to tweak them individually and then save a palette to store the settings, hence the value of the new palettes. However with different RGBs for different fixtures, what do you display on the screen chip? Answer: the most recent colour set, but that only applies to the last fixtures programmed. All others will be at their previous values. 

What you need to do is select all your colour mixing fixtures before saving a colour palette. Then they will attempt to produce the colour on the swatch display with varying degrees of success 

Related