Bug ? Update personality doesn't work as expected

Hi,

I have edited a custom personality several times.
So each time I had to load it on the usb key and then load it via the patch in the console.
If I don't change the name of the projector, the console continues to use the first version.
So I need to add a number to my version to be sure that this new file will be loaded.
It's not a big deal anyway.

Also, it would be nice if the "personality editor" works live with the offline console, to reflect changes instantly.

Thanks

Parents
  • It took me hours to figure out what was the problem with my self created fixture personalities. In patch -> universe view I found out that a specific fixture blocked more channels that expected. Ok, I made a mistake creating the personality (too many channels in use), but regardless of any correction I did in the editor the console always loaded the broken personality. I did not change the name!

I had to remove everything and start from scratch, then the console (ColorSource 20) opened the corrected one, this time with a new name.

Thanks for posting your insight!

Regards!

• It took me hours to figure out what was the problem with my self created fixture personalities. In patch -> universe view I found out that a specific fixture blocked more channels that expected. Ok, I made a mistake creating the personality (too many channels in use), but regardless of any correction I did in the editor the console always loaded the broken personality. I did not change the name!

I had to remove everything and start from scratch, then the console (ColorSource 20) opened the corrected one, this time with a new name.

Thanks for posting your insight!

Regards!

Children
Related