Personality File for SHEHDS 18x18W 6in1 Zoom Par

I am not having much luck trying to configure a new SHEHDS 18x18W 6in1 Zoom Par fixture to our Colorsource 40AV console.  There is a library file for a similar fixture but it is dated 2022 and appears to be for 12 channels.  The newer product came out in late 2023 (I purchased ours in 2024) and uses 11 channels.  I'm wondering if anyone else here has had any success patching this fixture into a ColorSource40 console.  (Because of the number of channels in use on our console I'm trying to patch this in to Universe 2.). Ay ideas?

Parents Reply Children
  • Is there really no personality editor version for MAC???

• Well I'm back at home working with the Personality editor.  (Was going to do it at the theater with the console but alas, there appears to be no personality editor for Macs.)  Anyway, I've been staring and comparing between the personality file in the existing library and my attempts to generate new personality files for my fixture.  The one in the library file (existing) is definitely for a different fixture.  So it does appear that I need to create two new ones:  One for 12 channels and another for 7 channels.

There's not a lot of help on the personality editor.  I did find the ETC Quick Guide for it however.  I believe that I have my DMX channels for both profiles in correct order.  However I am not sure what to enter for values in the 'Home' field.  Also, there are some modes listed for the 12 channel assignments such as Auto Mode and Auto mode speed which don't have corresponding labels in the personality editor.  So I created them manually.  Will they work???  

• Well I'm back at home working with the Personality editor.  (Was going to do it at the theater with the console but alas, there appears to be no personality editor for Macs.)  Anyway, I've been staring and comparing between the personality file in the existing library and my attempts to generate new personality files for my fixture.  The one in the library file (existing) is definitely for a different fixture.  So it does appear that I need to create two new ones:  One for 12 channels and another for 7 channels.

There's not a lot of help on the personality editor.  I did find the ETC Quick Guide for it however.  I believe that I have my DMX channels for both profiles in correct order.  However I am not sure what to enter for values in the 'Home' field.  Also, there are some modes listed for the 12 channel assignments such as Auto Mode and Auto mode speed which don't have corresponding labels in the personality editor.  So I created them manually.  Will they work???  

Also, in the parameters there are fields for Ranges EMX start and DMX End etc.  That confuses me (or show up my ignorance) as I would expect to see a start and end value such as 0 to 255.  Can someone explain that to me?

• You can add any new parameters you like, the console will show them as-entered.
    By default they'll turn up under Beam, click the 'type' icon to change to position or color if that's better.

"Home" is simply the DMX value that should be output when you first patch/startup the fixture, clear everything or use the "Home" button on the console.

"Home" should be "Straight out, Open White, Intensity Zero"

• Intensity off
    • Pan & Tilt at or near halfway
    • Physical and virtual gobos and color wheels at their "Open" positions
    • Additive color mixing (LEDs) at full (or making a nice white)
    • Subtractive color mixing (CMY) flags removed
    • Strobe/Shutter at "Open"
    • Effect Macros turned off

"Ranges" are for things like color wheels, so you can define "Open" as being DMX between 0 and 10, "Green" as 11-20 etc and maybe add a color (or gobo) image.

They'll then appear as labels etc on the parameter control and popup 'film strip'.

Ranges are optional - a lot of parameters are just continuous min-max so don't have them, and you can still control a fixture even if you don't create any.

• OK - So I finally found a bit of quiet time at the theater to pursue this issue.  Thank you again Richard for your information.  The two personality files that I created using the Personality Editor do work.  Just took me some more time with the console to figure out how they worked!  This IS a different animal than the Shehds personality file that is included in the standard library files.  With the two personality files that I have created (for for 7 channel operation and one for 12) you end up with an intensity fader and then control the color and other parameters via the LCD screen.  (I had it in my head that the other parameters would be assigned to appropriate faders as well.)  

Is there a way that I can upload the two personality files for others who may need them? 

• Glad you got it working!

We don't currently have a dedicated sharing site.
    I believe you should be able to ZIP and attach them to this thread, then they'll turn up in a search of the forums.

Related