Software version

I'm trying to understand the basics here but I'm beginning to wonder if the software version is confusing me.

For instance:

Two windows, one with Preset-List and Console Mimic, the other with Live. I press PRESET and the Preset-List is active and I can edit the Presets.  I then press Live and Live window is active. However the moment I press something else in the console-window I'm back in the Preset list. Am I supposed to close the Preset List ?   (Same thing with Group-list)

If I assign a Preset to a playback in Console Mimic / Cobalt 20 mode it doesn't show, but if I use the fader it is there....

Parents
  • Hi there -

You'll have to be a little more specific about the "something else" that you're pressing so that we can sort out what you're seeing. What is it you would like to do?

I'll take a look at the console mimic and see if I can recreate what you're seeing. How are you assigning the preset to the master?

Thanks -

Sarah

• Sarah:

With "something else" I mean "Anything else" (In the Console-Mimic window)

What I'm trying to do is stop editing Presets and go back to editing Live.

Anders:

In offline it doesn't work exactly as you say. (Screens refer to Cobalt windows, not physical screens)

In my case, clicking 'Live' button in Console-Mimic on screen 1 sets the focus to screen 2 / Live-window.

Clicking 'Anywhere else' in the Console-Mimic on screen 1 sets the focus to Preset-List-window on screen 1. Live-editing is then canceled.

Only if you press the title-bar of Console-Mimic it will stay in Live (Unless I close the Preset-List)

I'll try to put the Console-Mimic on Screen 3 and see what happens.

[edited by: Ringen at 4:02 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Jan 15 2014]
  • Hi there -

Ok, then I expect it has to do with screen focus as Anders describes above. When editing extensively with the console mimic offline it's probably best to keep the mimic and the editors all on the same screen. If you did close the preset list, though, your commands would very likely go back to the live screen as well assuming there are no other editors open and in focus on that screen (with the mimic on it).

Thanks!

Sarah

• Console-Mimic on screen 3 didn't solve anything. But I found a solution.

Problem as I see it is that the Preset List is opened on the current screen if Cobalt gets to decide. If I instead manually open the Preset List from the Browser on the same screen as the Live-window (Say screen 2) it works like you would expect it to be. Even with the Console-Mimic on Screen 1.

• Console-Mimic on screen 3 didn't solve anything. But I found a solution.

Problem as I see it is that the Preset List is opened on the current screen if Cobalt gets to decide. If I instead manually open the Preset List from the Browser on the same screen as the Live-window (Say screen 2) it works like you would expect it to be. Even with the Console-Mimic on Screen 1.

Children
  • Hi there -

Tabs are always opened on the currently focused screen when you open them using direct (console key) commands. Tabs opened from the Browser are opened on the screen that the Browser is on. You can move tabs around easily using either the TAB & Arrow key (left/right) console command, or in your case you should be able to drag and drop them from one screen to the next (assuming there's already a tab open on the target screen). You can also use your computer keyboard's TAB & Arrow keys to navigate the screens.

I hope this helps -

Thanks -

Sarah

Related