ARTNET

Hi,

i've installed a new version of windows 7 and cobalt software and i should say that is greatter than ever. Is greally better... Unfortunately i can't get RESOLUME ARENA to communicate with cobalt. I've set the ip on both machines and when i make a ping from the windows 7 to the computer ip.. it works. When i make a ping from the computer to windows 7 also, but when i make a ping from cobalt system setting i can't ping it at all.. can you help me, please. thanks a lot

Parents Reply Children
  • no, the problem is when i ping the computer ip through win7 (console) is ok. when i ping the win7 (console) througt the computer is ok too. When i use the ping option on the cobalt preferences to check if the resolume is "talking" with the console, the system says "socket error".. don't forget, i'd already use this connetion when my console system was Congo.. the problem begans when i change it to cobalt ... thanks a lot for your time!

• Hi teatromontemor,

Hi had this same problem today, in case you haven't fixed it yet.

The answer was that in the "Network" pane in the "about cobalt" window I noticed that it stated that the output for the art net universe was 2.255.255.255

when I changed the ip address of the machine and art net node to a 2. address the thing just worked. i think my subnet was 255.0.0.0 as well.

Regards,

T

• In System Settings > Network, there is a setting for how ArtNet will be transmitted, named as per the ArtNet specification:
    Primary, Secondary, Limited or Directed.

In general, you should choose either "Limited Broadcast" or "Directed Broadcast".

We highly recommend that you do not use 2.x.y.z IP addresses, as these are routable IP addresses used by the general Internet and therefore your iRFR/aRFR will probably not work, as mobile phones will tend to use their real Internet connection for this range of IP addresses.

- The IP 2.0.0.1 is in Guérande, Pays de la Loire, France. The guy who uses it is probbaly quite annoyed by the amount of accidental port scanning he is getting due to ArtNet.

Related