Touch Screens

Hi All

I have upgraded my Congo full-size to Cobalt. It is good! However I am using the existing ELO touch screens which I used with Congo, they were right off of the list of recommended touchscreens and work fine. Now with Cobalt, I am missing some information from the right hand side of each screen, in the direct selects dock and the device control dock. I don't seem to able to navigate over there by dragging the screen. So my questions are, is there a screen resolution setting in the system settings that will enable me to see the full image and, are my old touchscreens able to do 'multi-touch' or drag and drop type operations. My guess is - no.

If I can't make my existing screens work will a new set of touchscreens be listed which will work with the Congo hardware and cobalt software/? Or am I just banging my head against the limitations of the Congo hardware.

Thanks.

Parents
  • There's a note in the Cobalt software download about running Cobalt on Congo hardware.
    - See the PDF "Important information for users of Congo Family hardware"

The Cobalt software needs a screen resolution of 1280x1024 or higher in order to display everything available on the new docks.
    Some of the newer docks will be cropped on lower resolutions.

In the case of the Congo full-size hardware, this is also the maximum suggested resolution and we also recommend that the new Direct Select Docks are only used on display outputs 2 & 3.
    As the Congo full-size display #1 has a less powerful graphic card than the other two, system performance may reduce if these docks are on display #1.

In the case of Congo jr, Congo Kid and Congo LS hardware, both display outputs are equally powerful and any dock can be placed on either display.

[edited by: Richard at 4:29 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Feb 26 2014]
  • There's a note in the Cobalt software download about running Cobalt on Congo hardware.
    - See the PDF "Important information for users of Congo Family hardware"

The Cobalt software needs a screen resolution of 1280x1024 or higher in order to display everything available on the new docks.
    Some of the newer docks will be cropped on lower resolutions.

In the case of the Congo full-size hardware, this is also the maximum suggested resolution and we also recommend that the new Direct Select Docks are only used on display outputs 2 & 3.
    As the Congo full-size display #1 has a less powerful graphic card than the other two, system performance may reduce if these docks are on display #1.

In the case of Congo jr, Congo Kid and Congo LS hardware, both display outputs are equally powerful and any dock can be placed on either display.

[edited by: Richard at 4:29 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Feb 26 2014]
Children
  • Hey Richard

Spot on mate! I have been trying to change the resolution of my screens in the system settings menu but, of course, I have been trying to modify screen 1. Just because it's at the top of the list! Changed the resolution on screen 2 and I can now see everything. Thanks very much for the tip. I have read the release note from the version 7.0.1 software but must have missed the important information for Congo users. Cheers.

Related