Cobalt 20

Hey, we just recieved our Cobalt 20 a week ago now, and I have some questions about it:

First of all some bugs I've found: When I installed 2 seperate screens, and adjusted them according to my setup. My 2 main screens switched place, and I can't for the life of me get them back to normal. Is there a known fix for this?

I also can't allign my docks close to eachother, on one screen I want to have a direct select dock and the dock that shows the device info, but theese 2 "windows" I cannot drag close to eachother, theres a good inch inbetween them.

Some things I'd want in the future:

When programming a show, you can put masterpages to show up on the various "chapters" Is it possible to make the faders on set chapter pop up to the value they are set on the current scene? Would be great to have this to adjust things really fast in a live show.

The new device button, with the endless pot meters option: Love it! But might there be a way to have a "page" set to each device? Like, when I tag my hippotizer I've put out the various attributes I want to controll on that device, but when I then choose a moving head I'd get the attributes that I put out for my hippotizer media server.

Other then that I'm really happy with the way it works, its so much faster then the Congo which we switched from!

Regards, Bruno

Parents
  • 123bruno321 said:

Hey, we just recieved our Cobalt 20 a week ago now, and I have some questions about it:

First of all some bugs I've found: When I installed 2 seperate screens, and adjusted them according to my setup. My 2 main screens switched place, and I can't for the life of me get them back to normal. Is there a known fix for this?

[Anders] You have to go into the monitor configuration tool in System Settings. In the upcoming v7.1, we have improved the logic for the internal screens.

I also can't allign my docks close to eachother, on one screen I want to have a direct select dock and the dock that shows the device info, but theese 2 "windows" I cannot drag close to eachother, theres a good inch inbetween them.

[Anders] There is always a tab area in the middle of each screen that has a minimum size. So you cannot put two docks directly side-by-side.

Some things I'd want in the future:

When programming a show, you can put masterpages to show up on the various "chapters" Is it possible to make the faders on set chapter pop up to the value they are set on the current scene? Would be great to have this to adjust things really fast in a live show.

[Anders] What type of master content are you talking about? Groups? What value do you expect the fader to go to?

The new device button, with the endless pot meters option: Love it! But might there be a way to have a "page" set to each device? Like, when I tag my hippotizer I've put out the various attributes I want to controll on that device, but when I then choose a moving head I'd get the attributes that I put out for my hippotizer media server.

[Anders] This is something that we are thinking about for a future release.

Other then that I'm really happy with the way it works, its so much faster then the Congo which we switched from!

Regards, Bruno

• Yeah the screen settings are correct, its just that the internal screens switched place by themselvs. So for me it says:

1 B A 2 (in the configuration tab, the way I want them)

But when I identify the screens the screens show 1 A B 2 on the respective screens. 

What I use the masters for is groups and channels, and controll intensity, so what I'd want is for the intensity level on the preset your in to pop up on the masters when programmed like that. Like 1st master is front left and is at 60% intensity. If I program it to find the right page, that I used for programming. Id want the master to pop back up to 60% when running the show, so I can change the intensity fast and efficient. 

Thanks for replying!

Bruno

• To be able to restore the master levels like you describe is quite complicated. The presets would have to know which groups created them and at which levels. And this can be complex if you are mixing several groups together because of the HTP calculation between masters. 

If you change levesl on single channels within a group, this would break the relation. 

However, I think the main problem is that if you set the group masters to the original levels, you can no longer pull down any levels from the crossfade because of HTP.

This is why we added the possibility to press the master button to select the related channels for quick balancing through the level wheel. This gets around all the issues with HTP and master contribution. We also have the Group Wheel mode where you have 4 additional sets of channels that you can use for balancing.

• To be able to restore the master levels like you describe is quite complicated. The presets would have to know which groups created them and at which levels. And this can be complex if you are mixing several groups together because of the HTP calculation between masters. 

If you change levesl on single channels within a group, this would break the relation. 

However, I think the main problem is that if you set the group masters to the original levels, you can no longer pull down any levels from the crossfade because of HTP.

This is why we added the possibility to press the master button to select the related channels for quick balancing through the level wheel. This gets around all the issues with HTP and master contribution. We also have the Group Wheel mode where you have 4 additional sets of channels that you can use for balancing.

Children
No Data
Related