Two new problems and an old one with Cobalt on Congo Jr,

I recently upgraded my Congo Jr to Cobalt and have found a couple issues. I am using Cobalt 7.0.1

My Android RFR app keeps disconnecting from the console about every 5-15 minutes. All of the lights i am controlling from the console go out. This is new to me as it had never disconnected from Congo. I am running aRFR ver 1.0.2.9.19. My wifi connection is staying steady without issue. It will reconnect right away when I try again.

I am getting the occasional Windows XP error that I am out of virtual memory. The console will continue on but will crash with too much more manipulation. I have been closing the dialog box and rebooting. What can I do to increase the virtual memory?

My auto save on Record is not doing so. The last Congo version I used did not save on record either. Only when I manually save will a file be created. This feature worked for me a couple versions ago and I was hoping it would get better with cobalt. Maybe its another setting that is conflicting?

Thanks

Parents
  • Auto-save on Record defaults to OFF in a new play.
    You will need to manually enable it in your play.
    - [Setup], "System" tab.
    You can store this as part of your Default Play if you always want it.

Personally I do not recommend using this feature, as it makes the 9 backups of previous versions much less useful.

I use the [C/Alt] & [Update] or [Save Copy]* buttons whenever I take a break, or shortly after the reminder "Time to save the show" pops up.

* [Save Copy] is a physical button on Cobalt 20 and Cobalt 10 consoles.

[edited by: Richard at 6:33 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Apr 21 2014]
  • I should have noted that I I'm having the saving problem with the auto record setting ON.

It does not seems to save the most recent data when RECORD is pressed, only when I manually tell it to save.

I like using the [C/Alt] & [Update] shortcut, but it only saves to one location at a time; I like to save to the hard drive and the flash drive together. I end up just going into the browser and doing both one after the other.

Does a correctly functioning Autosave only save to the showfile.asc and not to showfile.001, showfile.002, etc? I like the successive backups and have taken advantage of the more than once.

• Note that the Auto-save feature saves to a file called AUTOSAVE.ASC. It does not save to the current file name.

AUTOSAVE.ASC will have a history of .001, .002 files that can be accessed through the Browser like any other play file.

Reply Children
No Data
Related