Sony ELC connection via MIDI to Cobalt

John D. Palmer
Posted: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:18 AM 

Sarah, Anders, et al,

Do you know if any one has connected the Sony ELC (Broadcast control system) via network to a computer running their eGPI software and output MIDI to a CongoJR?

This seems to be a solution for a project that I have been working on. I need to turn the Chroma Key set on and off remotely.

I haven't gotten the documentation on the ELC side to check how it implements "standard MIDI" to compare that to what the Jr. needs to receive. That is my next step, but I wanted to see if anyone has already done it here.

FYI, the Sony ELC is control program that allows a broadcast to be built as a show using drop down presets to set shots, control robotic cameras, mix sound, and generally do cool stuff. From what I can gather, it creates a show in almost the exact way that we create a sequence in Cobalt. The studio engineers understood the idea of presets used & re-used to make sequences better than most LD's to whom I have explained the concept. I really did come to understand why the Cobalt is such a good system for TV.

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related