nomad and arnet

hello,

i read many thinks on the cobalt nomad and arnet.

I f someone can explain to me a simple explication to plug my node with my computer.

Which ip adress which submask.

For the moment i use 2.1.2.25 for the no and 2.1.2.10 subnet mask 255.0.0.0  for the computer it's work but the network setting say  ETC does not recommend

the use of wirless networks for the transmission ...

Which outpout protocol i have to use / Direct broadcast or a Other.

I just want to out half  univers on my node.

Thanks for the request

Parents
  • We recommend that Wireness networking (WiFi) is not used because that type of network connection may "pause" at any moment:
    eg while fading down the lights might stop fading, then catch up by snapping to the right level a moment later.

If your show isn't fast-moving then this limitation of WiFi may not be important to you.

We recommend that 2.x.x.x IP addresses are not used because these are assigned to the Internet - for example, 2.1.2.10 is in La Montagne, France.

If any part of your system has any way to reach the Internet, you may be annoying other Internet users.
    For example, apps like the iRFR and aRFR may not work as your phone may try to connect to La Montagne instead of your Nomad computer.

We recommend that you use the 10.x.x.x IP addresses which are intended for private networks, like lighting, sound and home networks. Art-Net calls this "Secondary" IP addressing scheme.

However, if no part of your system can ever reach the Internet then this does not matter.

• We recommend that Wireness networking (WiFi) is not used because that type of network connection may "pause" at any moment:
    eg while fading down the lights might stop fading, then catch up by snapping to the right level a moment later.

If your show isn't fast-moving then this limitation of WiFi may not be important to you.

We recommend that 2.x.x.x IP addresses are not used because these are assigned to the Internet - for example, 2.1.2.10 is in La Montagne, France.

If any part of your system has any way to reach the Internet, you may be annoying other Internet users.
    For example, apps like the iRFR and aRFR may not work as your phone may try to connect to La Montagne instead of your Nomad computer.

We recommend that you use the 10.x.x.x IP addresses which are intended for private networks, like lighting, sound and home networks. Art-Net calls this "Secondary" IP addressing scheme.

However, if no part of your system can ever reach the Internet then this does not matter.

Children
No Data
Related