Hour and date of Congo Sr. with Cobalt

Hi all

Last saturday I've got an bad surprise while I power up the Congo Sr. that is a message saying that the hour and date was wrong so it can not be possible to start the Cobalt software. When I rebbot the console it appear, for the first time for me since I use Congo consoles, the window of the Bios Setup so I went there to change the hour and date and saw that it was 00.01h of 01/01/1988.

After I correct this the console power up but with another different things:

- The monitor 2 (VGA2) change the resolution to 1280x960 and everytime I try to change back to 1280x1024 on the Settings tab, after I press the Apply key it go back to 1280x960.

- On the Setttings tab the monitor 3 checkbox  isn't enable and everytime I click to enable this monitor after I press the Apply key the tick on the enable checkbox dissapear. It's very strange cause I move the mouse to that monitor and everything it's ok and with the 1280x1024 resolution.

So I have to use the others 2 monitors (VGA1, VGA3) even with this "problems" and, like the music say, the show must go on.

Today, sunday, the problem with hour/date and monitors it's still there but I use again the 2 monitors and prayed that the console work without problems during the show thing that  fortunately happen.

So the questions are:

- Does this already happen to someneone??

- What is the problem?? why the console works without problem for 2 months and 2 days after a premiere it went crazy???

- Is it only the Bios battery that finally died??? Is it OK  to change this battery?? and easy???

I've got now 2 days off but my TD and collegues are waiting for me to say something for what to do so please if someone as aswers to my questions I appreciate

Pedro Alves

• Hello Pedro,

This does sound like it's just a dead BIOS battery. The expected life span is about 5 years.

ETC P/N BT130 (This is just a standard CR2032 battery!)

They are very easy to change.

Once the console is open, the motherboard is located under the metal case towards the back left of the console.

The battery is located on the left of the motherboard (see attached picture)

If you have any problems give us a call

US: 1.608.831.4116

UK: +44 (0)20 8896 1000

Italy: +39 063 211 1683

Germany: +49 (8024) 47 00-0

Regards,

Marcus

• Hi Marcus:

Me and Pedro work in the same Theater, and it's his day off so it's up to me...

I've changed the battery without any problems, the only thing missing was the BIOS configuration! [:S]

But whit the help of our local dealer we solved the problem!

Thank you for your kind help!

Daniel Varela

Related