Timecode glitch Cobalt Nomad

I´m not sure if this is a midi interface problem or a cobalt software issue but i´m throwing the question out to se if anyone else had the same problem.

I´ve designed a show for a restaurant and the operators are under qualified and the hardware must work at all times with as little outside support (read phonecalls to me at the strangest hours from stressed out operators) as possible.

The setup we got is a Mac running Qlab witch in it´s turn sends Midi showcontrol and Midi Timecode to my Asus computer with Cobalt Nomad. The software is running fine on its own but some times when it receives timecode it seems that the Auto Locate function freaks out and starts the wrong sequence steps.

The chain is like this:

Qlab sends MSC to Cobalt to go to black prior to show. OK

QLab starts timecode and starts the wav file. OK

Cobalt receives timecode but should not execute any cue until like 8 seconds in to the timecode but as soon as the timecode starts it jumps to a completely different part of the programming, often some part that already been "played".

When the right part of the timecode is running ( e.g 07.00.08.30 ) and the dedicated seq. step is to be played back it does it right.

This only happens when the timecode starting with 07.00.00.00 is running. (I´ve incremented the timecode to the shows parts, e.g ( 01 = Opening Act, 02 = Beatles Medley and so on)

I´ve checked the cobalt programming over and over to see if there´s any conflict in the "learned" timecode and there´s not.

No MSC messages are being sent at the wrong time as well.

So my question is this. Could this be a Cobalt issue or could it be a glitchy Midi interface.

The Qlab programming is also checked several times and does not seem to be faulty.

Any one else had this issue? 

/ Chris

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related