Pan and tilt going to home position and freezing

I have experienced some issues with a Nomad Puck:

I'm working on a short dance performance with a rather small rig (8 devices, Martin MAC Aura XB) and 30 or so presets (there might be another 30 discarded presets still stored in the preset list) controlled…
2 replies

Trying to provoke the Puck to cause it to malfunction like I have experienced earlier  by rapid keypresses of [SEQ+] and [SEQ-], something happened:  All my fixtures moved to their focus home position and would not budge from this position: color and size changes kept happeninging and they even accepted FX-focus data (i.e. moved around their home positions, but they would not accept focus data from the sequence. It was very clearly the Puck's home position for pan and tilt, not the fixtures. By this time I had to get everything ready for the show (I'm on tour) so I disconnected the Puck from the network and connected the Congo j:r console (running Cobalt) I use since the Puck has the aforementioned issues. Everything seemed to be ok until the middle of the show when the pan/tilt home position debacle happened again. I had to restart the board to get the fixtures moving again. Weird stuff, but might point to some sort of Net3 gateway problem. I did experience som static from my interface earlier, like a dmx-module that dropped out and the whole thing needing restarting. I suspected a faulty power supply and when I switched to POE the problems went away. Or at least so I thought. Any thoughts? Anybody? Somebody?

Related