Channel Restrictions

I am working on the Congo Jr with the cobalt update and whenever I first turn the system on the channel levels are restricted to between 11 and 14%. Often if I re-start the problem goes away. Any suggestions as to why this happens.

• Most likely you've started up with a fader or independent not at Full/Home, so it limits some or all levels.
    (Cobalt reads the faders right at startup, in order to support the motor faders of the Cobalt 10/20 and new Motor Fader Wing. Congo used to wait until they were moved.)

Most common ones:

Grand Master - should be at full.

A and B Crossfader pair
    Make sure they're not partway through a fade, push them all the way to the top or bottom.
    - Partway through a crossfade means you get a mix of the incoming and outgoing levels, which can be a confusing place if you're not expecting it.

Independents - particularly Inhibit.

Masters - particularly Inhibit.

• I've tried that but no improvement. The Channel info is reading the channel as Full but the Channel on the Live screen is showing 14% and the output of to the lantern is restricted to 14%. Pulling my hair out a bit with this.
  • Does it show as Full in the "A" tab?
    - Press [ A ] to open this.

If so, then one of the things mentioned above is inhibiting it. If not, then it's something else.

The GM state is shown at the top of every screen, and the A/B Crossfade is shown with the 'blobs' in Main Playback.

The state of Masters and Independents are easiest seen in their relevant Docks.

• Thanks for that. I seem to have been able to sort it. The A crossfade seems to be locked at 14% and then very slowly fades down on the playback screen. If I run a step on the playback it seems to clear the issue. Not sure why its doing this on start up as I've check all the masters, independents, GM and A/B and they all seem to be set ok. Fun Fun Fun

Thanks
    Again
  • It's worth doing a facepanel test in System Settings to see if the fader is 'jumpy' or otherwise misbehaving.

The "A" fader might be a bit mucky
    - Run it up and down a few times to clear out any dirt, a little fader track cleaner might help as well.
  • Cheers done that and the A fade is not working so problem found
Related