Nomad on mac osx 10.11.2

Dear ETC,
I'm running a festival on a ETC Nomad system and was super excited to read the release notes for 7.2, especially that midi control is now compatible on mac.
I've downloaded the update and there are 4 files.
Cobalt
Cobalt settings
Dongle driver.pkg
Acn slp.pkg

Cobalt
Cobalt settings
Acn slp.pkg
All open

However dongle driver.pkg will not install saying that it cannot be installed on this machine.

Also i dont have output on my etc gadget; i cant find a fix online and hoping you can help.

7.1.2 works fine on the machine apart from the incompatibility with my fader wing.

System info is

OSX 10.11.2
Mac mini
2.5ghz intel core i5
4gb 1333mhz ddr3
Amd radeon HD 6630 256mb
With 171gb of 500gb remaining.

Regards,

Terrance Maxwell

• Hi Terrance,

Thank you for the report. I am sorry that you are experiencing issues.

I will be looking into this and I'll get back to you with results as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Kirk
  • Hi Terrance,

If you have previously installed the Dongle Driver.pkg, you will receive this error because it is currently installed. Unfortunately, we don't control that error message, but I agree that it is less than helpful.

As for your ETC Gadget, please make sure that the Gadget is connected to your computer before launching Cobalt and that the Red indicator light next to the USB port is illuminated. If that indicator is not illuminated, the computer is not communicating via USB to the gadget.

With the Gadget connected, launch Cobalt and navigate to Browser>General Settings>DMX Settings. You should see the gadget listed there as a Local DMX Output. Make sure that the Universe number is assigned to the universe you wish to be outputting.

If you are seeing issues with this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Kirk
Related