Software Downgrade

Hi All,

I am new to here:)

I am currently trying to "downgrade" our Congo jr with Cobalt software from version 7.0 to our previous Congo software version 6.4 for French customer.

I would like to know about how to downgrade procedure for Congo family series.

Or, Do I have to get and use the USB recovery disk?

Please let me know.

Thank you,

Parents
  • If it is an XPE Congo jr, then first install Congo 6.4.1 software. This won't make any obvious changes as Congo is installed separately to Cobalt.
    Once Congo 6.4.1 is installed, to use it repeatedly press F1 on an external keyboard during startup as soon as the grey "CONGO" system desktop appears.
    To switch back to Cobalt, repeatedly press F2.

- Note that attempting this switch to Congo software if Congo 6.4.1 is not already installed may leave the console in situation where a full USB stick reimage is required.

For further details, see the document "IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR USERS OF CONGO FAMILY HARDWARE.pdf", included in the Cobalt installer downloads.

Notes:
    Win7 Embedded hardware consoles (two network cards) are not supported by Congo software, and so can only run Cobalt software.

The XPE switching option is temporary and may be removed in later versions of Cobalt software, if Cobalt software improvements mean it cannot be supported.

Additionally, Congo 6.4.1 is only able to load simple Cobalt 7.0-7.1.1 showfiles. Some data will always be lost when loading show files in older versions of software.

• If it is an XPE Congo jr, then first install Congo 6.4.1 software. This won't make any obvious changes as Congo is installed separately to Cobalt.
    Once Congo 6.4.1 is installed, to use it repeatedly press F1 on an external keyboard during startup as soon as the grey "CONGO" system desktop appears.
    To switch back to Cobalt, repeatedly press F2.

- Note that attempting this switch to Congo software if Congo 6.4.1 is not already installed may leave the console in situation where a full USB stick reimage is required.

For further details, see the document "IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR USERS OF CONGO FAMILY HARDWARE.pdf", included in the Cobalt installer downloads.

Notes:
    Win7 Embedded hardware consoles (two network cards) are not supported by Congo software, and so can only run Cobalt software.

The XPE switching option is temporary and may be removed in later versions of Cobalt software, if Cobalt software improvements mean it cannot be supported.

Additionally, Congo 6.4.1 is only able to load simple Cobalt 7.0-7.1.1 showfiles. Some data will always be lost when loading show files in older versions of software.

Children
No Data
Related