Universe purchase and remote

Hi

Thanks in advance for any help given.

First question is an easy one i guess. Whats the ball park figure on purchasing a third universe on my Congo SNR running Cobalt?

The second question is as i am running a wifi router out of my ethernet port at the rear to enable my tablet to act as a remote. Do i connect the node to this router to still have remote tablet use and all three universes active via that node?

This will be easy for anyone who has done this before. Just do not want to l

ose my tablet and all the univereses

Parents
  • For upgrade pricing contact a local dealer.

For connecting a node or gateway, plugging into the wifi router you have will absolutely work. However, I would recommend getting a second wired unmanaged switch. Plug the Node and the console directly into it and then plug the WiFi router into the switch, this way your data signal from the console to the node does not have to pass through the wifi router.

Like I said, the wireless router you have will work if set up properly, but wired switches are cheap and it makes setup, debugging, and stability so much easier. Also, it gives you the opportunity to disconnect the wireless during shows as a safeguard to any accidental interference.
  • For upgrade pricing contact a local dealer.

For connecting a node or gateway, plugging into the wifi router you have will absolutely work. However, I would recommend getting a second wired unmanaged switch. Plug the Node and the console directly into it and then plug the WiFi router into the switch, this way your data signal from the console to the node does not have to pass through the wifi router.

Like I said, the wireless router you have will work if set up properly, but wired switches are cheap and it makes setup, debugging, and stability so much easier. Also, it gives you the opportunity to disconnect the wireless during shows as a safeguard to any accidental interference.
Children
No Data
Related