Nomad as backup

Hey Hivemind!
I've set up nomad (mac) to run as backup for my cobalt 20 and it syncs and follows, but when I shut the main console off Nomad doesn't take over the output. This was expected for the physical outputs (its on a list) but I have four ArtNet universes running, and I figured they would just accept the new host.
What's wrong with my set up?

Parents
  • Art-Net is quite hard to configure properly.
    Try running the ETCnomad as Server and load your show to see how it is set up - Art-Net might be disabled or set to to wrong broadcast address for your system.

Additionally, the Backup will only backup the number of Outputs permitted by its dongle.

I would guess that your ETCnomad was showing "Output Limit Reached" in the header.
    That indicator means that there is more patched in the showfile than console or ETCnomad is licenced for.

In that situation only the first N outputs can be output when it takes over.
    If your first few were not Art-Net or sACN, then it'd be trying to use a Gadget to output them instead.
  • Art-Net is quite hard to configure properly.
    Try running the ETCnomad as Server and load your show to see how it is set up - Art-Net might be disabled or set to to wrong broadcast address for your system.

Additionally, the Backup will only backup the number of Outputs permitted by its dongle.

I would guess that your ETCnomad was showing "Output Limit Reached" in the header.
    That indicator means that there is more patched in the showfile than console or ETCnomad is licenced for.

In that situation only the first N outputs can be output when it takes over.
    If your first few were not Art-Net or sACN, then it'd be trying to use a Gadget to output them instead.
Children
Related