New into future Cobalt updates

I think Cobalt is ideal for theater productions, comfortable. love it. Often I rent it for the show programs.

I have my personal Congo Jr with Universal Wing. I want to ask you to introduce into Cobalt some new features.

1. Have possible to record channels (or presets, groups, effects) in the faders, which are assigned macros. I.e, some macros recorded to masters. Keys of masters turn on the macros. All perfectly. But faders are not function, do not participate in anything. Their functionality is need.

2. Have possible to record Keys (commands) in Independents (4-9 buttons), as in buttons of masters. Now can only record channels.

3. Analogue of Pitch for effects contemporaneously. Always at the concerts there is a need to change the speed of all (or selected) effects, depending on the tempo of each music. It can be assigned to a certain channel as in the old version.

4. Saving preset via the Enter button of keyboard. This is useful when the name of preset is entered from the keyboard. This is useful when the name of preset is entered from the keyboard. Now necessary to press Record button on the Congo or click Record button on screen when saving (Record or Esc).

5. The ability to move the scroll bar with the mouse wheel.

6. Repeal function (Oops). Often need to undo the previous action. Ability to assign Independent button.

7. Text in Channel Layouts. Need the ability to print text anywhere on the layout and drag it to any location.

8. If possible, to make USB-Midi connect for Midi-consoles.

Parents
  • 1) As a Master is a single 'thing', we can't make the button and the fader have different functionality - if the fader is a channel, the button does something to or with that channel (default is Select, but other options are available)

I would recommend using the Direct Select "Action Macro" type for occasions where you want quick access to a macro-style command and do not want to use

2) Interesting idea, we will consider this for the future.

3) This is the "Beat Boss" function added in Cobalt 7.3.

4) In progress. We hope to complete this for all dialogs in the next software update.

5) This has always been there!
    Hold down an arrow key and roll the Mouse Wheel to scroll in that direction (Up or Down arrow key for up/down, left or right for left/right as applicable).
    - Remember that the mouse wheel is the Level Wheel, and so you need to hold down a modifier key to get the 'scroll' mode.

6) Some of this is already present: [ON/FETCH]&[@LEVEL] - Revert (undo) changes to channel level.
    We hope to expand Undo functionality in future software updates.

7) This is already possible. Click "Text" to add text to any object - including a line, box or circle.
    We will consider adding a specific Text object in a future update.

8) This is not possible, as it would require additional drivers to be installed.

• Richard, how about to make "Beat Boss" function for Dinamic Effects?
Reply Children
  • The idea behind the Beat Boss not being in Dynamic effects is because there is no definitive 'beat' in a sinewave which means things won't sync properly. (ie One cycle in a pan dynamic effect would appear to go a lot slower than the exact same cycle affecting a Hue parameter) so having one master beat boss could be very confusing. Chases and Content effects have definitive beats that will sync up easily between different effects.

I agree that in general Cobalt could do a better job making the rate/speed/tap easier between effects. Especially on effect masters.
Related