Tracking for beginners

Hello,

I've heard some rumours about Track function. Great tool to manage movers, they say. I thought Tracking can keep mover in a position with all the parameters until there is some change of particular device in a cue maybe 50 cues later. I just tried to track a mover (112 + Track) and no miracle happend. Cobalt manual wasn't really helpful and I didn't find any article or tutorial to make this clear to me. Can you help or recommend something?

Thank you.

• Unfortunately lighting control has a lot of reused terminology - perhaps the worst is Focus and Focus!
    In this case, "Track" can mean "Where and how are these channels used?", and "Update these channels all the way to the beginning/end of the scene"

The [Track] key opens the "Track List", a spreadsheet editor for viewing and changing values across many Presets, Cues, Groups, Palettes etc:

• Set this channel to this level in these Presets
    • What levels do these channels use throughout this Sequence?
    • Are these channels in any Groups? (and which levels?)
    • Is this channel even used at all?

You wanted to do a tracked Update.

Tracked Updates are a modifier to the [Update] command:

• [Update] & [@Level] - track changed Levels from here.
    • [Update] & [Attrib] - track changed Attributes from here.

In both cases you get a dialog where you can choose the direction - forward, backward or both.

See the "Track Editing" Help for more information.

• Track updates work when you have already recorded the show, but if you know you want the show to track from the beginning, you can record the presets to Move-Fade and record changed. Set it as your defaults because if you miss setting a preset it can cause issues and you will tear your hair out. (switching to move-fade after the fact doesn't work)

Cobalt at its core is not a tracking desk, it can do it, but its not designed to.
Related