change template for led strips

I have a led strip pwm controller that doesn't behave as it should - perhaps the price you pay when you buy cheap stuff from China. It doesn't react until dmx value 22 and has a visible step between 254 and 255 that doesn’t look very good.

Is there anything to be done in the template to help with this? Im thinking I should be able to change the 0% value on the channel to dmx value 22 and 100% to 254. I would also like to play around with a different dimmer curve but I haven’t found where to do that either. 

Would appreciate some help.

Rolf
Parents
  • A couple of things you can do. In patch you can create a dimmer curve and assign that to an address. The Dimmer curve editor is Patching > Settings and Tools > Dimmer Curve) Then assign that curve to an address in Patching> Settings and Tools > Output List. This is good if there is only one unit or if there is differences between units because you aren't changing the template.

You can also edit the template but that's a whole ball of wax... or something
  • A couple of things you can do. In patch you can create a dimmer curve and assign that to an address. The Dimmer curve editor is Patching > Settings and Tools > Dimmer Curve) Then assign that curve to an address in Patching> Settings and Tools > Output List. This is good if there is only one unit or if there is differences between units because you aren't changing the template.

You can also edit the template but that's a whole ball of wax... or something
Children
Related