Dimmer Feedback Cobalt

Is there any value in connecting the Sensor 3 dimmers to the same network as the Cobalt - can you get any live feedback from within the desk itself or is it only useful when using concert through the Utilities? 

Thanks

Parents
  • Yes - Two things:
    First of all, you get sACN control of the dimmers, freeing up the rear DMX ports for other kit like moving lights.
    - Those rear ports can be any console universe(s) you desire. I quite often set them to be Universe 2 and 3 if my dimmers are sACN on Universe 1.
    Personally, I think this alone is worth it!

Secondly, you can get live dimmer feedback.
    To enable this, ensure that "ACN" is enabled on the appropriate network port.
    Warnings/Errors appear as a warning triangle in the header near the clock, in Browser > About > Dimmer/Device Feedback Log, and as a warning triangle on the affected (patched) channel for dimmer-specific errors.

The particular set of errors reported depend on your rack and modules - 'AF' report a lot more than 'standard'.
  • Yes - Two things:
    First of all, you get sACN control of the dimmers, freeing up the rear DMX ports for other kit like moving lights.
    - Those rear ports can be any console universe(s) you desire. I quite often set them to be Universe 2 and 3 if my dimmers are sACN on Universe 1.
    Personally, I think this alone is worth it!

Secondly, you can get live dimmer feedback.
    To enable this, ensure that "ACN" is enabled on the appropriate network port.
    Warnings/Errors appear as a warning triangle in the header near the clock, in Browser > About > Dimmer/Device Feedback Log, and as a warning triangle on the affected (patched) channel for dimmer-specific errors.

The particular set of errors reported depend on your rack and modules - 'AF' report a lot more than 'standard'.
Children
No Data
Related