Connecting Cobalt Offline to Capture, 7.3.1 vs 8.0

Hi,

I have Cobalt Offline 7.3.1 installed in a Windows 10 and connected to an instance of Capture running on the same PC using the Microsoft loopback adapter. This works fine.

I have now installed Cobalt 8.0 in addition on the same PC and have it set up with the same settings (both versions seem to share their settings). Capture does not show any external sACN universes. It's as if Cobalt 8.0 wasn't sending any sACN at all even though Enable Output in Offline Mode is set.

Is this a bug in Cobalt 8.0 or am I missing something?

Another puzzler: I have opened the Net3/ACN Device List in Cobalt 8.0 but now the menu item is gone from the browser of both versions.

• Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues outputting. Could you please check the Session tab in Cobalt Settings and make sure that the sACN mapping is correct? We had a special case where the Session mapping was set incorrectly when updating to 8.0.

Could you also please check the Network tab in Cobalt Settings to see if the ACN box under Interface Protocols is checked for the correct network adapter? It's possible the value was reset.

Thanks,
  • Hi Ben,

I've triple checked all settings and all look fine to me. In fact, both versions are using the same settings which I confirmed by changing one setting in 7.3.1 which was reflected in 8.0 and vice versa.

I've also enabled ACN under Interface Protocols which at least brings back the ACN Device List view so that's one mystery solved. :-)

It did not, however, change the situation. I've also noted that 7.3.1 sends sACN to Capture even when ACN under Interface Protocols is not set, as long as sACN under Output Protocols and Enable Output in Offline Mode are set.

I've also tested against sACN Viewer to rule out any Capture issues. When running Cobalt 7.3.1, sACN Viewer shows Cobalt at universe 1, when running Cobalt 8.0, sACN Viewer does not show any device.

I have confirmed my fixtures are patched into universe 1 in Cobalt.

Please see below some screenshots. Any more ideas? Any other tests I could run?

Cobalt 7.3.1 mappings:

Cobalt 8.0 mappings:

Cobalt 8.0 network settings:

sACN Viewer when connected to Cobalt 7.3.1:

• you have a very hard mask. 255.255.255.0 can that make the troubles? ETC recommend 10.101.xxx.xxx with 255.255.0.0 as mask.
    www.etcconnect.com/.../ETC-Network-IP-Addresses.aspx
  • Hi,

Thank you for your assistance in uncovering this issue!!

Enabling ACN under the interface protocols is done to allow for RDM devices to be seen by Cobalt. I have investigated and unfortunately it does look like offline mode is not outputting correctly. We will add the fix to the next version. In the meantime if you start a session normally it will still output as expected.

Thank you,
  • Hi Ben,

thanks for the confirmation. I will stay with Cobalt 7.3.1 for now as I don't currently have a Nomad dongle available Offline mode is my only option for now.
Related