Cobalt+Gadget II on macOS

Hello,

I have an issue: my ETC Gadget II and my dongle is recognized by cobalt software (I'm in server mode) but no DMX gets out. I've checked on the v7.3.1, it's the same problem. I've already used this gadget with this dongle on a PC and it worked successfully. 

I have a MacBook pro mid-2012, on OSX El Capitan 10.11.6, i use it on power supply. The firmware version of the gadget is 1.1.0.9.0.4

I've checked USB amperage, run cobalt on windows via OSX (Parallel Desktop)

I called ETC, they said to create a thread about it...

I've no idea what to do !

Thanks,

Hugo

Parents
  • Hello Hugo,

This should work, so let's see what the problem is. My setup is Mac Mini, OS X 10.13.6 (but should work with El Capitan), Gadget II v1.1.0.9.0.4 and a ColorSource Cyc fixture connected to Port 1, patched to universe 1 address 13. I am running the Cobalt software natively on Mac OS X and not on Parallels...maybe Parallels does not support this.

Can you confirm you have defined the port on the Gadget as the corrrect universe in the DMX settings in Cobalt ?

Next to the USB connector in the Gadget is a small LED. What color is it in and is it flashing or solid on ? If everything is setup correctly, it should be blinking green.

Regards,

Matthias

• Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

DMX is well configured, LED is green and solid.

I ran EOS and it works perfectly...

Reply Children
Related