Congo Kid + Nomad

Hi All,

I'm a happy user of a Congo Kid (Windows 7 version) and plan to add Nomad to my inventory while is still supports Cobalt - mainly for jobs where I don't want/need to bring out my physical console.  My question is whether or not there is a way to gracefully network my Congo Kid to Nomad and use the two in tandem.  In other words, the Congo Kid supports 2 universes whereas I can run up to 12 via Nomad.  Aside from firing MIDI commands back and forth, is there a way for the Congo Kid to drive Nomad and utilize all 12 universes from the surface?

Thanks!

-Jeff  

• Over network, and with a gateway you can use one of the two as a backup but the limit is always the kid...So if you use the Nomad as main, and the Kid as backup and you patch more then 1024 outputs on the nomad, you won't get Axess to all if the Nomad goes down.

But maybe you can use the Kid as a control surface when the Nomad is main. Not sure how the output count handle it if one have more output patched if the other. The use of the backup as a control surface (old Client) is improved in 8.1.1 pre that it was a bit laggy to run masters on the backup.

Related