Hello! Family, I have a question... has anyone connected another console that is not from the Cobalt family, for example with ma2 on PC on the same network? I have not been able to do that job, I want to make that connection, I want Cobalt to be the main s

connection with other consoles

Parents
  • Thank you very much for your reply. Excuse my ignorance, as I have reviewed the manual and I cannot understand how I can make the network connection for different consoles. We have 2 control surfaces in the theatre, Avolites and Ma2, these are consoles managed from a computer connected to a switch. Do you know how to configure Cobalt so that it can share all the control of the luminaires? We work with 8 control universes with multiple devices, such as ellipsoidal LEDs, incandescents and moving heads... What steps should I follow? I want Cobalt to be the main console. Thank you for your reply.

• Thank you very much for your reply. Excuse my ignorance, as I have reviewed the manual and I cannot understand how I can make the network connection for different consoles. We have 2 control surfaces in the theatre, Avolites and Ma2, these are consoles managed from a computer connected to a switch. Do you know how to configure Cobalt so that it can share all the control of the luminaires? We work with 8 control universes with multiple devices, such as ellipsoidal LEDs, incandescents and moving heads... What steps should I follow? I want Cobalt to be the main console. Thank you for your reply.

Children
  • You'll need to find out how you are getting your control signal from your existing consoles to the dimmers for the incandescents, and your LED and moving head fixtures.

Cobalt can output E1.31 Streaming ACN (sACN) and/or Art-Net over the network to control the lights.
    Avolites and MA2 support both of these protocols, so you could currently be using either of them.

There is probably a box (or several) on the network that is converting Ethernet to DMX, at least for your LEDs and moving heads.
    It's possible that your dimmers are also connected to the network and listening directly.

You may need to contact your local support for the Network to DMX box and/or your dimmers to find out what they can do and how they're currently configured.

Once you know which protocol you are using, you can enable it in the Cobalt console on the appropriate network card.

If you are using sACN:
    You can set the "sACN Priority" higher than the other two (default is 100) so Cobalt automatically takes control when it's running.
    Compliant sACN Gateways will support Priority, though not all can handle multiple consoles at the same Priority level.
    (ETC ones can listen to many consoles)

If you are using Art-Net:
    Unfortunately you are likely to need to shut down the "unwanted" consoles to allow Cobalt to control the lights.
    The Art-Net protocol only supports a maximum of two active consoles at a time, and most Art-Net Nodes merge the levels Highest-Takes-Precedence (HTP). While HTP is generally what you want for incandescents, it's usually less useful with moving heads.

Related