Robe Robin LED Beam 100 Template

Is there a template for the Robe LED Beam 100 available in Congo, please? 

If not, where and how would I import one?

Many Thanks

[edited by: Knottstar at 12:03 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Jul 29 2012]
  • I've attached a Congo v6.2.1 show file containing Robe Robin LEDBeam 100 M2 and M3

Notes:

This Template is built for RGBW colour mix mode, and the Control attribute of this fixture lets you change the colour mode to CMY by holding a DMX value for 3 sec.
    This will invert the colours the fixture produces, and the console cannot know that you did it as it's a discrete 'command' rather than a level. Take care with this feature.

[edited by: Richard at 2:43 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Jul 30 2012]
    robin 100 ledbeam.asc
  • Thanks Richard!

Please let me know when M1,M4,M5 & M6 become available!

• These modes are "multi-cell" and thus not really supported by Congo at this time.

(You also probably don't really want to use them)

• I know, and I do!

Downloads are available on the Robe website for the Jands, Hog3, Chamsys, Avolite, why not Congo?

[edited by: Knottstar at 5:56 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jul 31 2012]
  • Which mode do you need?

For the multi-cell modes of these fixtures you can either patch the "Movement", then each Cell and finally the "Global" as separate desk channels, or use a template that has Red 2 etc.

Using separate desk channels allows use of the built-in Dynamic Effects and the colour picker, the latter uses fewer Desk Channels.

I do not know why Robe don't have fixture downloads for Congo on their page, you'll need to ask them about that.

[edited by: Richard at 6:08 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jul 31 2012]
  • Attached is an updated Congo v6.2.1 show file containing Robe Robin LEDBeam M1, M2, M3 and M5.

Notes on M1:

The colour/gel picker, colour dot in Live and the built-in Effects will apply to Zone 1.

As this fixture mode has 14 Color attributes, you may find it useful to put the Zone colour parameters onto your "User" attribute keys to reduce the number of times you need to hit [Color].

Perhaps Red, Green, Blue, White on U1, Red 2, Green 2, Blue 2, White 2 on U2 and the third Zone of colours onto U3.

To configure User 1, hold [Modify] & [U1]

On Congo jr and Congo Kid, the User attribute keys are available as softkeys under {Device} and also by holding [C/Alt] & [Focus/Color/Beam] for U1-3

Notes on M5:

This mode uses four Desk Channels and allows use of the colour/gel picker, colour dot and built-in Effects on all Zones individually.

To use this, patch 1x Robin LEDBeam M5 to that Start DMX address, immediately followed by 3x RGBW16 - one for each Zone.
    These three RGBW16 are the "Zones" of the fixture, the LEDBeam M5 contains all the "global" attributes of the fixture, such as Pan/Tilt and overall Intensity.

[edited by: Richard at 12:38 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Aug 3 2012]
    robin 100 ledbeam.asc
  • OK, VERY confused now!

The Mode 1 template sent and now in 6.3 extended library does not reference DMX 7 > 22 so I don't understand how it would ever work on Zones 1 & 2 as these channels are the RGBW or CMYW information for Zones 1 & 2.

I therefore have been knocking up my own template and have saved it into a show to send to you.

I have had the encountered the following problems in this exercise.

1. DMX Sort Column function does not work properly.

2. The Template saved in show on my Congo Jr differs from the one I have attached, the are eight lines missing in the transfer from desk to USB stick to laptop.

3. There are no Parameter options available for Red Zone 1, Red Zone 2 etc. There are no Parameter options for Red/Cyan, Green/Magenta, Blue/Yellow again, Zones 1, 2 & 3.

4. With the show saved and the desk is restarted, again the eight lines have disappeared from my template.

Can someone explain what is happening, what I should do to make it work??

Robin_100_LEDBeam_DMX_charts.pdf
  • First of all, this kind of fixture is fundamentally quite confusing because it is made up of several 'sub-fixtures'.
    You have to pay very close attention to precisely what is there in a multi-cell fixture, and that's why I recommend a 'single-cell' mode (M2 or M3) whenever possible.

Congo does not permit multiple attributes of the same name within one fixture.

For example, if you assign "Red" to multiple attributes then only one Red will exist on saving the show.
    (They are left alone until you save to allow you to rearrange attributes as required.)

The M1 'unified' one in the post above uses Red 2, Green 2, Blue 2 etc for the additional cells.

- Note that Red 2, Red 3 etc are not included in any built-in effects, you'd need to create your own.

At present, the Extended Library does not support multi-cell fixture modes. In all cases only one cell is patched, you'd need to add the extra cells yourself.

If you need the multi-cell functionality, I strongly recommend the M5 template pack from my post above.

Richard said:
    Notes on M5:

This mode uses four Desk Channels and allows use of the colour/gel picker, colour dot and built-in Effects on all Zones individually.

To use this, patch 1x Robin LEDBeam M5 to that Start DMX address, immediately followed by 3x RGBW16 - one for each Zone.
    These three RGBW16 are the "Zones" of the fixture, the LEDBeam M5 contains all the "global" attributes of the fixture, such as Pan/Tilt and overall Intensity.

I've attached a showfile that has one of these fixtures patched as channels 1-4.

Robin LEDBeam 100 Example.asc
Related