Congo Offline on Mac

I just found out I will be using the CongoKid for one of my clients and so decided to download the offline editor to familiarize myself prior to getting into the shop.  Upon running the program, the window for the program was all jumbled (see attached image).  I tried restarting multiple times and have gotten it to work clearly, but it is still hit or miss.

I installed the windows offline editor on my virtual machine in parallels and all is well on that side of the world, but I would prefer to not have to be working in the parallels side of the world all the time.

I even tried removing and reinstalling the software on the mac side to the same result. Thoughts? Work arounds?

Running Mac OS X 10.8.2, Installing Congo Offline for Mac 6.1

Parents
  • That looks like a graphics card driver-side corruption, it appears to be rendering random data to screen instead of the console info.

Try updating your graphics card drivers.

Which Mac hardware do you have?

However, as there are some other known instabilities in the Mac version of Congo under recent versions of Mac OSX, I'd recommend running Congo Offline under Parallels (or similar VM) for the time being.

(This is why the Mac version of Congo hasn't been updated since 6.1.1, we don't want to release a new Mac build until we have corrected those issue)

[edited by: Richard at 8:04 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Oct 28 2012]
  • Richard said:

Which Mac hardware do you have?

This is on a 2.6 GHz i7 Macbook Pro 15" that is less than 6 months old with NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M graphics processor running OS X 10.8.2

Thankfully the console came in early, so I will get some play time with the actual desk, so not as concerned now, but will keep my eyes open for an update to the offline editor.  Glad to know there are some known issues out there.

• There are currently known issues with Congo offline running on Mountain Lion. Apple changed the graphics driver again. We are working on a solution.

Reply Children
Related