Congo patching & ADB Warps

In our conferencing and theatre complex we use the Congo and Congo Jnr. In the main hall we use the large Congo console. Apart from the usual profiles, fresnels, and pars, we also have 4 x ABD 800w Motorised Warps and 4 x Robe ColorSpot 1200E moving heads. We have just re-patched all the moving heads to tidy the patching list on the console. I used the existing templates I had for both the Robes and Warps. The Robes work fine with no problems at all, but for some reason we are unable to control or move the Warps. They lamp on, which I can then roll up on the desk. But I cant get then to pan or tilt using the controls on the desk, so in effect they are on and just pointing down with no movement at all. I cant even assign a dynamic effect.

Any ideas would be gratefully received (beginner to intermediate user)

Many thanks

• The dimmer for ADB Motorised Warp is external (eg from Sensor dimmers).

So as that's the only bit that's working, it seems likely that the fixture itself doesn't have power/DMX, or has the wrong DMX address for your new patch.

Check the display on the fixture - it will show whether it's powered, receiving DMX and has the right address for the Device in Congo.

[edited by: Richard at 3:51 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Dec 9 2012]
  • Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply and help, which did point me in the right direction. I managed to resolve the problem and now have 4 moving warps. It would appear that the previous lampy had used a strange patching arrangement that when looking in the channels list revealed that the patching wasnt one to one. After changing that and re-patching the warps everything worked fine.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, really appreciated.

Best wishes

Paul.

Related