EOS to CONGO JR transition

Hello All-

I am about to be presented the opportunity to start working with a Congo jr. v 4.3 board. Unfortunately I have only ever used EOS and ION boards. 

I do not need to do anything difficult. all I need to do is path about 16 dimmers into channels, and learn how to program cues. If anyone could give me advice or descriptions of how to complete that process I would be very appreciative.

Thank you

Parents
  • Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

ETC has some excellent training material available for the Congo. Here's a series of video tutorials that should take care of all your above questions (and then some!): Congo Family Tutorial Series

Also available is an edition of ETC's "Tea Break Tutorial" series for the Congo. These are great to download and look over in your free time: Congo Family Tea Break Tutorial Series

[edited by: jmusarra at 12:30 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Jan 5 2013] browser gibberish...
  • Thank you for bringing those to my attention, that certainly solves my patching issues ( at least I hope it does) but again because I only have ever used the EOS and ION and my training in them was pretty minimal I still am a bit confused on how to write cues on the congo jr. for that matter I dont even see any sections on cues or anything about cues in  my manual, perhaps there is a terminology difference?

• Yes there is a terminology difference. Instead of a cue and cuestack,  You create presets which are a look without any timing information, a Snap shot photo if you will.  The cue stack  is a "Sequence" of these presets, with timing information added. Congo family consoles use a lot of reference data.  You can write a show as you might have previously, where everytime you press record it creates a preset into the next step in the sequence.  As you get more experience you can re use common presets in muliple sequence steps so you don't have to recreate looks or copy them, and if you find out you need to adjust the look due to a change, insead of editing multiple  cues, you can adjust the preset once and all the "looks" that reference that preset will be updated as well. 

Syntax will be different as well as it is an RPN based syntax.    Remember it is always "Number, Action".  For example "[2] [Ch]annel [5] [0] [at]" Sets channel 2 at 50%.  [5] [Group] or [3] [preset], always number action.

Good Luck!

• Yes there is a terminology difference. Instead of a cue and cuestack,  You create presets which are a look without any timing information, a Snap shot photo if you will.  The cue stack  is a "Sequence" of these presets, with timing information added. Congo family consoles use a lot of reference data.  You can write a show as you might have previously, where everytime you press record it creates a preset into the next step in the sequence.  As you get more experience you can re use common presets in muliple sequence steps so you don't have to recreate looks or copy them, and if you find out you need to adjust the look due to a change, insead of editing multiple  cues, you can adjust the preset once and all the "looks" that reference that preset will be updated as well. 

Syntax will be different as well as it is an RPN based syntax.    Remember it is always "Number, Action".  For example "[2] [Ch]annel [5] [0] [at]" Sets channel 2 at 50%.  [5] [Group] or [3] [preset], always number action.

Good Luck!

Children
No Data
Related