Importing Presets OS 6.3.2

Hi all,

We just recently updated to 6.3.2 from a much earlier OS. I am having major troubles with the new "import from" options, In the past I was able to go and select a range of presets to import. Now when I try to import using the organizer that pops up, it appears to also import fixture info (as in the template).

We have two venues that have very similar, but not exact, setups. Normally I program in one, and because the patching is the same, just go and copy over presets. 

Now when I do that it seems to break the moving lights by changing the device templates.

Any thoughts on best method for importing only intensities, and palette information?

Thanks!

-Sean

Parents
  • Hi Sean,

The special case when you don't want to include dependencies (templates, referenced palettes etc) is currently not handled by the Import Organizer. We have received feedback about this being a problem from other customers as well. We have therefore added an option in the upcoming v6.4 to disable the dependency check if you know that you have a compatible show configuration. This will allow you to get just the presets in the same way as in the old Import Wizard.

V6.4 is currently in its test phase and we hope that we will be able to release it relatively soon.

• Hi Sean,

The special case when you don't want to include dependencies (templates, referenced palettes etc) is currently not handled by the Import Organizer. We have received feedback about this being a problem from other customers as well. We have therefore added an option in the upcoming v6.4 to disable the dependency check if you know that you have a compatible show configuration. This will allow you to get just the presets in the same way as in the old Import Wizard.

V6.4 is currently in its test phase and we hope that we will be able to release it relatively soon.

Children
Related